Where will we be at the end of the season ? POLL

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where

1st or 2nd Automatic Promotion
4%
3rd to 6th Play Offs
26%
7th to 12th
52%
13th to 20th
17%
21st to 24th Relegation
1%

Total votes: 94

PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Where will we be at the end of the season ? POLL

Post by PockWhite »

Y'arll know me, glass half empty.
13th - 20th for me, I'm afraid! :roll:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

I think we will be top 10 with what we have, a couple of inspired signings and maybe play offs will be achieved. I'll go with what i said last year 8th.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

We finished last season with 56 points. I firmly believe our points tally will improve as the likes of cook & mowatt mature & become established championship / lower end premiership players certainly an improvement on what we have had recently - lets say that adds 5 points to our tally. In terms of the Italians, in particular sivestri - I think a year under their belt if nothing else as regards communication will benefit the side - lets call that 5 points. The addition of sol bamber had a massive effec on the team with the full benefit adding maybe 5 points early season. The whole managerial / Cellino ban fiasco must have had a huge effect which must easily be worth 5 points. The replacement of Morrison with wood or the rediscovery of reasonable goalscoring form by him must be worth 5 points also. On the downside when we played our best football prior to Xmas Bianchi confidence wasn't shot an we had adryan - who irrespective of his impact was always a threat to the opposition lets deduct 5 points there. That leaves us with 76 points - in 6th place in the playoffs. Injuries and the addition of a quality winger will also potentially have a huge impact. On paper derby, boro, hull look a shoe in. I also fancy wolves and Bristol city, and you can make a case for fulham & Ipswich. One of those at least will dissapoint & there will be a surprise package. Leeds being Leeds we will finish 7th - just missing out on relative success!
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

I dont think you can assume that we will get the same points as last season and start from there, That doesn't take into account the fact Boro are far stronger you would have to take off 3 points there etc because we are unlikely to beat them in their place this year etc, The league seems far stronger this year so I think your whole argument is totally flawed. Football doesn't work like that at all.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Ever the optimist I'm saying we'll make the Playoffs!!!!!

Someone had to say it...... :thumbup:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

ruelfox wrote:I dont think you can assume that we will get the same points as last season and start from there, That doesn't take into account the fact Boro are far stronger you would have to take off 3 points there etc because we are unlikely to beat them in their place this year etc, The league seems far stronger this year so I think your whole argument is totally flawed. Football doesn't work like that at all.
You know what pal I agree with you to some extent and the division should get harder each year as a result of parachute payments etc. But it doesn't - look at Wigan, Wolves, Blackpool. I'm sure everyone said the same when we came down. Interesting one for me is QPR & to a lesser extent Burnley - Wouldnt be surprised if they won the league or got relegated! And maybe my argument is flawed but I've tried to start from somewhere! Let's just see. I think for the first time in since league 1 there are signs we are building for success - that's the one big posive I've taken out of this preseason.
Pessoa
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Pessoa »

3rd to 6th Play Offs for me
my hope is in Walters, Coyle and K.Phillips
Good luck Leeds
Leeds is my favorite team
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

I hope your right Iso Roger time will tell. I think last year was a weak league, I think it will be much harder this year, everyone seems to be strengthening and splashing the cash!. I think our home form is crucial. To have a chance we need to get that right!
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Top six finish would be a really good result for us and i do think we can acheive that if we can keep the Cellino effect on the team at bay.

Every year the Championship does look harder to compete for top honors with some solid looking teams coming down with the Parachute drops and some rejuvinated teams coming up from league one, as for the teams like ourselves who have been here a few years it can be harder to break through without momentum (league1 teams) and something to prove ( prem droppers) unless we spend big money OR build gradually year on year for a few years which for us only started last year, in realistic terms we do have a solid enough team coming together but my heart tells me it wont be this year we get promoted and that theres still more fine tuning to be addressed in and out of the team.

I still live in hope though
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

dskimcbski wrote:Ever the optimist I'm saying we'll make the Playoffs!!!!!

Someone had to say it...... :thumbup:

Not as optimistic as the person who thinks we will go up automatically :crazy: