Rotate Or Not Rotate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Rotate Or Not Rotate

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

After last nights poor performance it seems to me that Rosler idea to rotate the squad isnt going to work.

Redfearn was maybe right in keeping the same team when he was in charge as the so called squad players arent good enough going on last night viewing.

Wootton and Doukara should both be freed as they add nothing to the team.
Deleted User 130

Re: Rotate Or Not Rotate

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Lousy foul from Wootton, over-zealous one from Cook. Doukara wasn't great but we were comfortable until the penalty, I thought. It's the boss's decision to rotate the team or not, but we don't need to worry about it now until January :)
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

NR also said we had the best midfield in the league - so far from the truth it beggars belief.

Fine to rotate in the cups (although Wooton in midfield should never be an option) but should start best 11 in the league mindful that it's a squad game and the involvement of players (like Erwin) is important. Back 4 plus defensive mid (in particular) should be a fixtures, subject only to form/injuries.

Regardless of personal views we don't have the depth of quality to rotate in reality. Vital though that players are in the team on merit.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

You can't account for Cook getting sent off, we need to have some rotation and we looked good until then.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 130

I think 'good' is a bit too far :D
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I believe that Rosler was always going to make changes for last nights game. I don't think we have a large enough squad to be rotating it. Every player in that squad should be showing in training that they want the shirt.
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

Any squad of players rotates naturally through a season anyways due to injuries and suspensions etc.

Question is whether our players are good enough and I fear despite a reasonable summer of acquisitions and stability etc, half of our players in our squad simply aren't good enough to get us anywhere near where we would like to be?
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

The rotation was understandable and the right thing to do, the sending off stopped us from winning. If we had 11 men we would have defeated them, I'm sure of it. Antenucci almost scored on various occasions from solo runs, so if we were able to commit more men forward we definitely would have caused a weak defence more problems.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

We MUST rotate.
The managers for the past five years have NOT done so and as a result we´ve not only been predictable for the oppo, but also knackered after Xmas.

I´ve been begging for one or two fresh faces in every line up for yonks as it also keeps the players on their toes.

We MUST !!!!!
Deleted User 130

4 months to go before worrying about rotating - we didn't lose because of a rotation choice we lost because Wootton made a rubbish challenge and Cook overran the ball and lost discipline for a second. Wootton is better than that challenge suggests and Cook is a good and fair player who slipped up. And we should have had a penalty too, how the ref missed it is a wonder.

It all demonstrated that we are still lacking in quality/depth etc.