Rotate Or Not Rotate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
tc1x23
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Re: Rotate Or Not Rotate

Post by tc1x23 »

One thing rotation has shown is that it will be only a matter of time before Turnbull is first choice keeper. He is our best signing of the summer imho and a far better all round keeper than Silvestri. Silvestri has potential and really ought to be the understudy.

Doukara isn't good enough.
Wooton is a defender and would benefit from another loan.
Byram needs an ultimatum - sign or go, because his head is clearly not focussed at the moment.

All In all I dont think the squad is that different from last season. It will be interesting to see what Rosler can do with it, that others couldn't.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Good to see knee-jerk reactions are still popular :D

Doukara isn't a winger. Wooton is a useful squad man but his foul last night helped change the game = not good at all.

And Turnbull looked good, but it's his first game.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

10 v 11 is wrong match to judge in my opinion.

Think it's a great question but think the manager is the one in the best position to judge who needs resting (if anyone).
I personally believe sportsman at this level can easily cope phsycally with 2 matches per week. Of course injuries and niggles play a part.
I also believe some can't (often young players but not a exact science) cope mentally and become stale and performance dips.
UR needs to understand which catogary each player is in.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Rosler is still getting to know his players, particularly in a competitive situation.

As a man-manager you're going to have to involve Cooper, for example.

He likes to play with a defensive MF player, so in the absence of Adeyemi - for whatever reason - he chose Wooton, because it allows Mowatt, Cook/Murphy to get into the box to good effect. Bellusci would be a good option at DMF because he is comfortable on the ball (and less of a liability at the back)

We were too predictable under Redfearn. Whilst continuing to pick a winning team is a good philosophy, we don't have a big enough squad nor the required quality to make a lot of rotations.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

This is no time for commonsense and calmness, MW!

We're doomed, doomed I tell ye.

Let's see how we do tomorrow, that's the real scene. I'm disappointed with the LC exit but it's only the end of that competition for us, not the season, not the world, and squad rotation won't happen in the league unless by necessity.
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by new signing »

If rotating means playing wooton in midfield then it is a resounding no from me :oops:
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Not rotating ultimately cost Redfern his job. The young players definitely need it.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
PGS
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PGS »

rigger wrote:We MUST rotate.
The managers for the past five years have NOT done so and as a result we´ve not only been predictable for the oppo, but also knackered after Xmas.

I´ve been begging for one or two fresh faces in every line up for yonks as it also keeps the players on their toes.

We MUST !!!!!
This is my opinion as well, we got no choice. If we dont rotate, our best players wont last until may. Even with the squad depth we have, squad roation will benefit us in the long run.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

PGS wrote:
The managers for the past five years have NOT done so and as a result we´ve not only been predictable for the oppo, but also knackered after Xmas.

I´ve been begging for one or two fresh faces in every line up for yonks as it also keeps the players on their toes.

We MUST !!!!!
This is my opinion as well, we got no choice. If we dont rotate, our best players wont last until may. Even with the squad depth we have, squad roation will benefit us in the long run.
We don't have the strongest of squads. Uwe seems to be rotating when he can but that caused us to go out of the cup to league 1 opposition. More rotation on Sunday didn't see us privacy ching up 3 points. The manager sees the players in training day in day out. Trust his judgement. It is more informed than any of ours.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
PGS
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PGS »

birkybullufc wrote:
PGS wrote:

We MUST !!!!!
We don't have the strongest of squads. Uwe seems to be rotating when he can but that caused us to go out of the cup to league 1 opposition. More rotation on Sunday didn't see us privacy ching up 3 points. The manager sees the players in training day in day out. Trust his judgement. It is more informed than any of ours.
Of course he is an better position to make judgements, but hey why are we on this board, if not for having discussions and opinions.