The season so far

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 130

Re: The season so far

Post by Deleted User 130 »

We are way off promotion, it's true - we're all way off promotion, there's 40+ games and 120+ points to play for :D

We're in better shape than last season, and I'm genuinely not sure of any team racing off in brilliant form and finishing in the honours by the season end in this division. Rosler needs backing in player investment/recruitment, and the midfield needs to up a gear and start properly supporting and supplying whoever's up front more.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Interesting to note that, with 2 games played, there's only one team with 6 points! That's Brighton.

So yes, we will have a better idea after the next few games. I would be concerned if we get nowt from the Bristol game.

Would also be concerned if Wood doesn't start getting some goals.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

As others have said its way way too early to really know anything. Given last year we had Mr Hockaday as manager then I would say this far it's a vast improvement. I'm also certain that once Chris Wood gets a goal then it will open the floodgates for him. At least we have got rid of Morison and we no longer have any of the players Warnock brought to the club.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Far too early to judge, the season is a marathon not a sprint
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Everything is dependant on just how good our talented youngsters become. Byram, Cook, Mowatt, Taylor, Phillips, etc. if they keep improving, then the team will improve, I see no weaknesses in this current team, but are they good enough for a promotion push? Personally I don't think so, but like I say, if there's significant improvement in those youngsters this season and we finish strong, I think we will be set up nicely for next years promotion challenge. Fairly optimistic about the future, as long as we keep hold of all our young talent.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

Selby White wrote:
Aaron wrote:
new signing wrote:my only fear is that if we dont gain promotion this time around we'll be picked apart at the end of the season.

I think we can make the play offs but i also think that will require reinforcements come january
I don't think you'll need to worry about us going this season, we're a way off in my opinion.
Whether you are right or wrong two league matches are not enough to judge.
We see too many knee jerk reactions, lose our next match the talk will be relegation, win it we will be talking promotion. Of course neither is correct a season is 46 games and all I'm hoping is to see a continued improvement.
There will be low points but hopefully plenty more highs.
It's not a knee jerk reaction at all. Before we'd kicked a ball this season I predicted we'd be around mid table and I still believe that.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Aaron wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Aaron wrote:
new signing wrote:my only fear is that if we dont gain promotion this time around we'll be picked apart at the end of the season.

I think we can make the play offs but i also think that will require reinforcements come january
I don't think you'll need to worry about us going this season, we're a way off in my opinion.
Whether you are right or wrong two league matches are not enough to judge.
We see too many knee jerk reactions, lose our next match the talk will be relegation, win it we will be talking promotion. Of course neither is correct a season is 46 games and all I'm hoping is to see a continued improvement.
There will be low points but hopefully plenty more highs.
It's not a knee jerk reaction at all. Before we'd kicked a ball this season I predicted we'd be around mid table and I still believe that.
Not saying your opinion is knee jerk but this article is about the season so far given its title so is about opinions following matches so far played. And two matches is too early to make judgements in my opinion, read here after next game and much talk will be about promotion or relegation depending on the result, either way it will be knee jerk.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Jonny B Lelant
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Jonny B Lelant »

Well, I've waited for the first few games to pass before posting an update and I have to say I am still optimistic. The whole way the club is being run seems to be such an improvement on the last few seasons. On the pitch I am delighted we remain unbeaten but that win at Derby was crucial. Four draws and then a defeat would have had a very different look about it. What I have seen of Dallas and Wood is impressive and it was a huge relief that none of our own youngsters were sold. Onwards and upwards !
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Need a home victory next then things will really start looking very good.

Agree the Derby win was crucial and has very much given a feel good factor.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Jonny B Lelant
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Jonny B Lelant »

Yes I agree. Too many points lost at home in the last few seasons. I remember Elland Road being a place feared by players as well as fans !