The season so far

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: The season so far

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Jonny B Lelant wrote: I remember Elland Road being a place feared by players as well as fans !
It scares the bejeezus out of me - every time I come up, we play terribly and usually lose :lolno:
rosso-white
Giddy Kipper

Post by rosso-white »

Reckon its gonna get better and better now with Pearson keeping the Italian out of the way and Wood scoring for fun and we now have wingers on both sides to plonk the ball to Wood .................Cook and Mowatt looking good too!
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Rosso, I agree about Cook but think Mowatt has been very poor so far this season. Some of the worst set pieces I have ever seen. Cook though looks very impressive
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

That's the beauty of the game...I've just been reading how poor Mowatt has been in another thread and then this one pops up with a comment as to how he's been good! It's in the eye of the beholder as they say.
As to the season so far, I think the Derby result has turned it into a very satisfactory start. Had we lost though, it would have been a decidedly poor start! As others have said, the key now is to build some momentum with a good haul of points from Brentford, Ipswich and MKD. We are where we are despite not yet firing on all cylinders - Wood missed too many chances in the first games, as folk have said, Mowatt hasn't been fantastic (although I think he's done OK actually apart from his dead balls), Byram has been right off his game, and we lost Lewis Cook for three matches and Luke Murphy for a few with injury. Now we have them all back and we have now thrown Jordan Botaka into the mix we have the potential to be challenging for a result in every game. For me, there is no stand out side again in this division and if we could just keep our act together I'm sure we will be there or thereabouts. Confidence and momentum is everything though and as we know, this side of ours is capable of self destructing very quickly as we saw at Bristol. As always, it is going to be a bit of a roller coaster.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Naturally the Derby win has made the season start much better, I'm mildly optimistic about this season and think we will do much better than in the past 2-3 seasons. Keep churning out the results and there is every chance we will have a shot at the play off this year. Of course a few bad results or long term injuries may scupper my feelings as the season progresses.

So, Happy so far.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.