Elland Road

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Elland Road

Post by isrodger »

I think your right - but the danger is that whilst he came to the fore with his revelations he can only remain at the fore with further revelations - but there really aren't any more current revelations, as things are now running smoothly. It's a little bit like the LLP - privately they probably accept they haven't got a chance of doing a deal with MC. So why take peoples money in and potentially use 10% of it for purposes of extending the concepts shelf life, when it's past it sell by date? Please don't think I critising Dylan & co or implying they are corrupt, but it's probably time for them to say we tried, we failed but actually things appear to be progressing quite well without our involvement. I desperately don't want to see good intended individuals come out the movement tarnished - but I think there is a danger there is if there not careful.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Simple answer to that ISR is actually a question - what if Cellino gets the boot? LFU have to be ready just in case' they have a chance, and you nor I or anyone else knows what the future holds.

Everyone who has invested or who will invest, knows the 10% 'clause' and not one person is benefiting from receiving that max 10%.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

NottinghamWhite wrote:What amazes me the most is why would Pearson deem it necessary to talk to a blogger ?
That summary is really interesting and probably as comprehensive as we are going to get at this point in time, considering the complexity of the situation and it's fluid state.
This brings me back to your question above Nottingham White, I think Pearson knows exactly what he's doing talking to a blogger, and this blogger in particular. It's a way of sending out a message to the faithful in a mild, indirect way that there is movement, possibly asking fans keep the faith, and indicating that maybe Pearson himself has a bigger plan in all of this in the long run. These guys seldom make the mistake of saying stuff they shouldn't to the wrong people.
Just like the team, it seems more positive than it has been in a while. Time will tell.
Deleted User 130

Simon O'Rourke and Dan Kilburn are good guys, Pearson knows they're not out for nefarious reasons.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

I think the article reiterates the fact that Cellino isn't pumping any more of his own money into Leeds Utd while his future at the helm is still under question. He seems to have settled the bus running costs down but I don't see a marked improvement in the squad to the extent of a serious challenge for promotion. 3rd party ownership of the stadium doesn't get us any closer to the club owning the ground. If the fans bought it then that's a different matter.
If we are to return to the premiership we need proper investment.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Deleted User 130

I would love it, Keegan style, if a fans' consortium or somesuch were able to buy ER back FOR the club and the fans. How bloomin' cool would that be? :D
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

onenorthernsoul wrote:I would love it, Keegan style, if a fans' consortium or somesuch were able to buy ER back FOR the club and the fans. How bloomin' cool would that be? :D
Cooler than the Mayor of cool town .
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

birkybullufc wrote:I think the article reiterates the fact that Cellino isn't pumping any more of his own money into Leeds Utd while his future at the helm is still under question. He seems to have settled the bus running costs down but I don't see a marked improvement in the squad to the extent of a serious challenge for promotion. 3rd party ownership of the stadium doesn't get us any closer to the club owning the ground. If the fans bought it then that's a different matter.
If we are to return to the premiership we need proper investment.
But there you go birky - "the article reiterates........" - like what ORourke says is gospel- sorry it isn't - he makes educated guesses as we all do and has a 50% chance of being wrong. As I said I understand MC has turned down all offers of third party involvement & he states that the ground will be repurchased - from that I deduct he will buy the ground himself - I also have a 50% chance of being wrong!
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

onenorthernsoul wrote:I would love it, Keegan style, if a fans' consortium or somesuch were able to buy ER back FOR the club and the fans. How bloomin' cool would that be? :D
It would be better than great. :D
Maybe the idea should be suggested to the supporters group trying to raise funds for the buyout-buyin.
At least the fans would have something tangable. Better the fans get rent money rather than Bates.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

:thumbup: