Elland Road

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Elland Road

Post by Selby White »

Nesslin wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:I would love it, Keegan style, if a fans' consortium or somesuch were able to buy ER back FOR the club and the fans. How bloomin' cool would that be? :D

:thumbup:
Great idea far better way of supporting the club than buying a few shares and having no say in events.
If the fans owned the ground they could rent it to the club at a minimal rate with an agreement any money saved is invested in the squad.
Not sure how accurate but was once told the rent for ER & TA equates to around 6,000 of every home gate. So if true when we get 25,000 its only financially equivellent to 19,000. Makes it difficult to compete with the top boys without outside investment.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

No, for me Fan Representation at board level would be the ideal, if you buy shares in anything then you have a say.

The separate idea of fans owning the ground is a great dream and if it's possible then they're both splendid ideas. Lots of 'ifs' with both scenarios but both are positives and wouldn't have to work in opposition.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

onenorthernsoul wrote:No, for me Fan Representation at board level would be the ideal, if you buy shares in anything then you have a say.

The separate idea of fans owning the ground is a great dream and if it's possible then they're both splendid ideas. Lots of 'ifs' with both scenarios but both are positives and wouldn't have to work in opposition.
Ons,
Know what you are saying and agree in principle but just can't see fans having enough cash to own enough shares, be nice if I was wrong.
Owning the ground also maybe a pipe dream but if it happens it would secure the fans control of ER whoever owned the club in coming years.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 130

Over £400k raised from small investors and two more phases to go of higher £ value, it all depends on how many and how much the business and corporate parties pledge, so it'll be 'Watch this space' I suppose.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:No, for me Fan Representation at board level would be the ideal, if you buy shares in anything then you have a say.

I've got shares in a few companies....but none of em listen to me!
Deleted User 130

They won't if you don't contact them or vote :D
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

This is I am at odds with you ONS - let's assume the £4m is raised and MC allows the LLP to buy 5/10% of the club. It doesn't stop him doing anything - selling out to red bull, changing the kit to red or moving the ground to Dublin. Indeed he can run the company into the ground and go into administration if he wishes & all the investors money would be lost. So without the owner conducting himself in the correct manner the involvement has nil effect. If a new owner comes along they could offer a rights issue once they have control at that point fans could invest if they are minded.

Regardless of fan ownership a good company / owner listens to his customers and takes a long term approach. That's all I believe we can really want and expect, and I do believe MC is now taking this. You know I have have advocated the fan purchase of elland road from day 1 - the LLP sadly dismissed the idea. This would have been a more tangible investment in terms of fans involvement, & a safeguard, from the fans perspective against speculators and should the company again go into administration - it's the one thing that bates got right @ Chelsea .... But chose not to implent at Leeds because I believe he got in with Adler & co and that was more lucrative for him personally.

Moving aside from fan ownership - I think all we all really want is a good owner with the fans best interests at heart. If and when the ground & training ground are repurchased / relocated then I believe MC will have demonstrated this. His volatility needs curbing, but he appears to be learning. MC is not for sharing he wants to own everything - I have no real problem with that whilst he conducts his Leeds United business's in a proper manner.
Deleted User 130

Not really sure why you're at odds with me ISR, I have doubts Cellino will let any LLP get near the club but I have doubts too that he'll be here for a long time. LFU are, for me, doing the right thing in gathering funds rather than gathering pledges. If if if Cellino has to leave and sharpish, or he CHOOSES to leave, then the whole picture changes and COULD change in favour of LFU's aims. If if if that's the case then they will be ready to do some serious negotiations.

And if the LLP rejected your idea well that's the LLP, I'm just a supporter, trying to keep people informed. Fan ownership of the ground is a great idea imo, and I'd back it like I back the LFU.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:They won't if you don't contact them or vote :D
They don't listen when I do!!!!!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Does anyone know:

1. How much it would cost to buy ER?
2. What is the 'average' price of a seat at ER? (guestimate)
I once played against Don Revie.