Russel crowe takeover

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Babosh
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Russel crowe takeover

Post by Babosh »

Thanks for clearing that one up Russel:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... eds-united
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Russel crowe takeover

Post by Mellor »

Always a promotional stunt. Most supposed takeovers are.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Because the world famous film star had lots to gain in staging a promotional stunt pretending to be interested in Leeds United when over here with his rugby league club, did he?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

So he can't be arsed because he's got a family ?

Tosser.

Never watched Gladiator because I didn't particularly like him anyway.

Now I know I never will ..
Deleted User 130

Hardly makes him a tosser, Rigger, and he is a Leeds fan worthy of a bit more respect on a Leeds fans forum?

TBH I think his reasoning, albeit only in a few Tweets, is reasonable.
Babosh
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Babosh »

Never thought it was a realistic thing when it first emerged, but a small part of me was hoping, as he seems a bit more trustworthy than Signore Cellino, along with having brought success to the Rabitohs in the NRL which is a big deal over there.

I can see how running two clubs (in different sports) on either side of the earth while still acting in films could be a fair time constraint to family life as well, so i respect his decision.

However, he should of just dropped the Rabitohs (silly name anyway), moved his family over here, invested heavily in Leeds, heck, he could of even had a dabble with the Rhinos while he was at it :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Babosh wrote:Never thought it was a realistic thing when it first emerged, but a small part of me was hoping, as he seems a bit more trustworthy than Signore Cellino, along with having brought success to the Rabitohs in the NRL which is a big deal over there.

I can see how running two clubs (in different sports) on either side of the earth while still acting in films could be a fair time constraint to family life as well, so i respect his decision.

However, he should of just dropped the Rabitohs (silly name anyway), moved his family over here, invested heavily in Leeds, heck, he could of even had a dabble with the Rhinos while he was at it :lol:
Always had doubts myself but thought he may invest something.

However when you look at the figures and his assets been worth £75mill (with a chunk of it invested in the Rugby Club) while Cellino is apparently worth around £750mill i just couldn't see how he could own the club, would need other investers.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 130

Cellino isn't himself worth anything like that though? It's his family's empire of which I thought it has been acknowledged he is not a part of their business?

Could be wrong but I doin't think Crowe ever said he was looking to actually take over our club, that was more the media putting words in his mouth and some of us getting a wee bit giddy :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Cellino isn't himself worth anything like that though? It's his family's empire of which I thought it has been acknowledged he is not a part of their business?

Could be wrong but I doin't think Crowe ever said he was looking to actually take over our club, that was more the media putting words in his mouth and some of us getting a wee bit giddy :D

ONS,
Think you are right about the media, its what they do all the time.

The Cellino wealth is quoted at £750mill on a number of websites.

eg :
http://www.footballsmoney.com/massimo-c ... net-worth/
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 130

Yes, the family's but he is not part of it...? I put the ? there as I have heard it said a few times over the last year but haven't made enquiries. I have to say too, if he's got access to that amount of money then he has definitely led fans up more than one garden path :P