Lewis Cook

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Lewis Cook

Post by NottinghamWhite »

How good is he ? In recent history we have had Lennon, Delph & Milner all have gone on to be established England players is Lewis as good as these players or at 18 is he better ?
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 130

Re: Lewis Cook

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Not really right to compare him to Lennon or Milner as different positions and styles of course. I think he could easily be better than Delph as he seems quicker to me and cleverer/safer a tackler. I really rated Delph, he had more flair I would suggest but his tackling was dangerous, for himself as well as the recipient. He still looks suspect in his tackling style.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Rob when Delph was playing for us I thought he was the best youngster I probably have ever seen at Leeds. I remember been at The Withdean on a cold wet afternoon but Fab lit up the day with a stunning goal. After watching young Mr Cook today he's so assured on the ball & so mature for his age. He looks like he has a great future in the game the only problem is it won't be with us as he will attract a lot of intrest if he continues this rich vein of form.

£50 million for Sterling & £40 million for Stones what value can you put on Cook, remember he's younger.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

No disrespect Phil but it's daft to try and put a price on him... Sterling is allegedly a match winner and bought by possibly our richest team, Stones is a fantastic defender allegedly, the sort of English defender one of the other richest clubs around is wanting :D Cook is great but...

I really liked Delph, and Lennon, and Howson, and Sheridan. Delph I'd love to have back.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

With Cook he just looks more mature than his 18 years, fantastic talent.

Last season his weakness was giving the ball away but you can certainly see he is progressing in that aspect. Don't know how good he'll end up but he seems to have all the atributes to get right to the top.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

He reminds me a bit of Jack Wilshire, he looks real quality to me and nothing would surprise me, what he could achieve.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I always thought - and still do - that Howson was better than Delph and is the kind of player who gets better the higher he goes. For me he's stagnated a bit at Norwich and would look much classier in the City side .. not that it'll happen now, I guess .. what do I know ??

As for Cook, I think both he and Taylor can play for England in the future. They're excellent players at this level already and with the right coaching, development, opportunities and luck should do just that.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

It's hard to compare him with Milner and Lennon, as they were PL regulars at 18, but then Cook could be too if he was at a PL club. The most impressive thing about Cook for me, is that he's been entirely developed whilst we were outside the top flight, just imagine how good he'd be if he came through in the PL era.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

A real talent

Class today :clap:
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

rigger wrote:I always thought - and still do - that Howson was better than Delph and is the kind of player who gets better the higher he goes. For me he's stagnated a bit at Norwich and would look much classier in the City side .. not that it'll happen now, I guess .. what do I know ??

As for Cook, I think both he and Taylor can play for England in the future. They're excellent players at this level already and with the right coaching, development, opportunities and luck should do just that.
Sorry mate howson do me a favour ,,, if he wasn't home grown and loyal Leeds lad nobody would rate him. He is one of the few bates sales where he gor vfm. Don't forget he was sub most of the time we had a full compliment in the Grayson years. Cook is different gravy, the best since Delphi and may be better. A sort of cross between Delph and batty. He will sell for over £10m one day. Howson ... wouldn't get in our midfield ahead of Cook and Murphy, and never could play the anchor role.