Cellino & I are 'like a marriage' says Rosler

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Cellino & I are 'like a marriage' says Rosler

Post by Aces »

Rosler HAS to be given at least a year, to bed this new young team in, to get them playing to their optimum and it's a work in progress, unless ...... We are hovering near relegation come the new year.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

If we get beat in our next two, and considering both are away, I would honestly not be surprised if Cellino sacked Rosler.

Would anyone else be?
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

Sheepy wrote:If we get beat in our next two, and considering both are away, I would honestly not be surprised if Cellino sacked Rosler.

Would anyone else be?
I wouldn't , maybe looking for something that isn't really there but thinking back to the Brentford game the players looked like they either couldn't be arsed or didn't have a clue what they were doing and that was after a two week break ,and I don't think many were away on international duty , gave me the impression all was not well and nobody wanted to grab the game by the scruff', can't say anything for Ipswich as I didn't attend.

As I say may be looking for something that isn't there, maybe we put too much pressure on them at ER.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

saintjimmy wrote:
Sheepy wrote:If we get beat in our next two, and considering both are away, I would honestly not be surprised if Cellino sacked Rosler.

Would anyone else be?
I wouldn't , maybe looking for something that isn't really there but thinking back to the Brentford game the players looked like they either couldn't be arsed or didn't have a clue what they were doing and that was after a two week break ,and I don't think many were away on international duty , gave me the impression all was not well and nobody wanted to grab the game by the scruff', can't say anything for Ipswich as I didn't attend.

As I say may be looking for something that isn't there, maybe we put too much pressure on them at ER.
Ipswich was worse in that respect. A couple of times in the second half Leeds players actually stopped with the ball at their feet and appeared to think they had absolutely no pass on at all! Then the ball was eventually passed back to Silvestri who lumped it up field and we lost it. At this point, each time, the Leeds fans went crazy, yelling and booing. It was all very distressing.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

That second boo was one of the loudest I remember ever at a footie match, it was bizarre and as you said, totally out of order. And if I remember rightly - and I do dislike passing back to keepers anyway - Cooper had nothing 'on' to pass to at all, it wasn't a good sight but it was a safe sensible choice. Ipswich were terrible until the goal, it was there for the taking but the goal totally deflated what was already a pretty limp balloon of a performance.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

dlw10 wrote:
saintjimmy wrote:

Would anyone else be?

Ipswich was worse in that respect. A couple of times in the second half Leeds players actually stopped with the ball at their feet and appeared to think they had absolutely no pass on at all! Then the ball was eventually passed back to Silvestri who lumped it up field and we lost it. At this point, each time, the Leeds fans went crazy, yelling and booing. It was all very distressing.
I thought as much dlw but unless I see it for myself it's hard to comment, I hope we get a good result at MK for all our sakes as the trip to Boro' looks daunting at the moment .
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

My experience in recent years is that the away following can be even more critical if things go wrong - I'm thinking of Barnsley, Watford last season and a few other games. Let's hope the team gives them (us!) no cause with between 5 and 6k there.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Lets be fair, and I wasn't there but did listen and follow on social media but we had our fair share of luck yesterday and that 3 points has probably bought Uwe a bit of time. Its not mad to expect a defeat on Sunday, Boro are flying and we have probably used up a decades worth of luck against them in the away match last season. To sack Rosler would be madness so its a relief we beat MK. He needs time, simple as that.