The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by kk white »

johnh wrote:Had my endoscopy today. Bad news I'm afraid they found cancer of the esophagus. They have taken biopsies to find out where its at but the Doc didn't sound hopeful. Couldn't come at a worse time with her indoors having the same and a house move imminent. It's times like this that you appreciate what a good family you have around you.
Sir John, my absolute thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
You've spoken so wonderfully of your family here that I know you will be looked after as well as any human can.
I may be many miles away, but if there's anything at all we could do, please let us know.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat.
Go raibh an ghaoth go brách ag do chúl.
Go lonraí an ghrian go te ar d'aghaidh.
Go dtite an bháisteach go mín ar do pháirceanna.
Agus go mbuailimid le chéile arís,
Go gcoinní Dia i mbos A láimhe thú.

Wayne.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

johnh wrote:Had my endoscopy today. Bad news I'm afraid they found cancer of the esophagus. They have taken biopsies to find out where its at but the Doc didn't sound hopeful. Couldn't come at a worse time with her indoors having the same and a house move imminent. It's times like this that you appreciate what a good family you have around you.
Really sorry to hear that, John. Thoughts are with you and your close ones. Sad day :(
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

So sorry to read that Sir John, our thoughts are with you and the family.

If us lot can help in any way, please don’t hesitate to ask.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

So sorry to hear this news John.
Really don't know what to say other than you will be in my thoughts and will be rooting for you as you fight this thing.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Reading this John makes me so sad and puts into perspective me feeling a little sorry for myself because I have Covid, as others have said you have a strong family unit that will be there for you and your wife, you are a tough cookie as well, so i`m sure you will be strong, all the very best. Brett
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

John I can only add to whats already been said. My thoughts are with you, your good lady and your family. You are so right, having the blessing of such a family circle is priceless.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Thank you so much guys, you have no idea how much it helps.

To give you an idea as to what family can do. Two daughters have been taking both me and her indoors to hospital appointments. Son in law took me today. Eldest son is driving down from Nottingham to take me to my hospital appointment in Ascot on Wednesday. Don't know what we'd do without them.
I once played against Don Revie.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Nothing I can add to what's been said, John. You're both in our thoughts and kind wishes.

I had my own endoscopy a few weeks back. You've reminded me to make an appointment to check on the results. I've been having them for years and have got a little blase. This is the kick up the arse I needed.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

As its been mentioned already I think everybody has posted what I'd say anyways, look after yourself John (and of course your good lady), super to hear that your family is rallying around for you.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Not a lot else I can add John take care of yourself and your good lady. My thoughts are with you.

Phil
Winner of the Europa League