The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Well here we are on June 17th & still no hirundines thanks to CW for the collective name :D Really enjoy seeing these birds as I’ve said before especially the Apus apus the common swift. Sue saw some swallows t’other day but I’m yet to see anything at all. Anyone got any sightings to report ?

Staying on the feathered friends topic we now have a regular green woodpecker in the area don’t see him but can clearly hear his yaffling ( apparently they were called Yafflers in Victorian times due to their manic calls )
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Had a walk along the Trent at Attenborough Nature Reserve yesterday and there was several Sand Martins hawking insects there’s also a section of banking on the opposite side they’re using for nesting. Also as we sat down to have a coffee there was a kingfisher in a bush very near to us, what a beautiful bird.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Well here we are on June 17th & still no hirundines thanks to CW for the collective name :D Really enjoy seeing these birds as I’ve said before especially the Apus apus the common swift. Sue saw some swallows t’other day but I’m yet to see anything at all. Anyone got any sightings to report ?

Staying on the feathered friends topic we now have a regular green woodpecker in the area don’t see him but can clearly hear his yaffling ( apparently they were called Yafflers in Victorian times due to their manic calls )
Professor Yaffle - Bagpus.

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Ah right Bagpus is something I’ve never seen so hadn’t heard of Professor Yaffle :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Ah right Bagpus is something I’ve never seen so hadn’t heard of Professor Yaffle :roll:
Wasn't something I watched either just stuck in my mind for some reason.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

It's spelled BagpusS, how dare you show such scant regard for a British icon!?

:P
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Bath and bathroom sink blocked back this morning , both go to the same outlet. Waited ages for the sink to drain and put the plug in the bath. Bought serious bath and shower unblocker, poured it down the sink and waited the half hour. Pulled the plug in the bath and away it went........

straight through the kitchen ceiling onto the kitchen floor. Have now had to remove wall and floor tiles to discover that the sink downpipe had come out of the junction with the bath run off. Am totally baffled and wet.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Bath and bathroom sink blocked back this morning , both go to the same outlet. Waited ages for the sink to drain and put the plug in the bath. Bought serious bath and shower unblocker, poured it down the sink and waited the half hour. Pulled the plug in the bath and away it went........

straight through the kitchen ceiling onto the kitchen floor. Have now had to remove wall and floor tiles to discover that the sink downpipe had come out of the junction with the bath run off. Am totally baffled and wet.
Not much fun when disasters like that happen Davy.
Have you got it sorted?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:Bath and bathroom sink blocked back this morning , both go to the same outlet. Waited ages for the sink to drain and put the plug in the bath. Bought serious bath and shower unblocker, poured it down the sink and waited the half hour. Pulled the plug in the bath and away it went........

Have you got it sorted?
Leak is fixed, tiles back on, need grouted tomoprrow evening. Just have to source a new PVC cill ... could have been worse.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Have you got it sorted?
Leak is fixed, tiles back on, need grouted tomoprrow evening. Just have to source a new PVC cill ... could have been worse.
My first job would have been to reach for my phone and ring our plumber, I am useless with that sort of thing :oops: :oops: :oops:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.