The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

Good to hear from you CW, glad you are settling in and don't be daft with the 'bore' bit - the details are exactly what we want - well I do anyway. My daughter is off travelling soon, and has targeted Thailand for a visit.

Keep us updated mate :wave:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

CorkWhite wrote:Good evening or Morning as it is here in the Philippines,

don't wanna bore you all with the details but since i arrived i have been up the walls trying to get things up and running with so little time left for the internet, the weather is scattered as its now raining season but it does get quiet hot when the sun is out, the difference is though, is that when i wake up at 4-5am here i am smiling and happy but back home if i had to wake up at that time i would be throwing the quilt firmly over my face with such speed because of the cooler climate. have been just barely in touch with the results and what our new Gaffer is like so will try reading up on the 128 pages or so people have posted, internet here isn't great the max speed is only 15-25 mbps which is stone age compared to what i had in Ireland, will post some pics soon just haven't been around much of the place as such business and family were my priority initially and then comes the bit of travelling when those things are sorted

MOT
Good to hear from you mate and glad you're settling in ok? :thumbup:

Keep us updated fella..... :wave:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Just organised train tickets and Hotel for monday night so i can get to Rawdon on tuesday for 8.45am.

Just hope all the effort is worth it.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Just organised train tickets and Hotel for monday night so i can get to Rawdon on tuesday for 8.45am.

Just hope all the effort is worth it.
Best of luck SL. Don't forget to ask for interview expenses.
I once played against Don Revie.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

A thing of the past are interview expenses am afraid.

Its do it at your own cost these days. So am £160 lighter am afraid.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Don't forget to ask for interview expenses
Down south, you'd be laughed out of the building if you tried that one ... it actually happened to someone at my place recently. My boss was interviewing for a position and this fella walked in and the first thing he said after hello was "You need to sort your parking out - that's why I'm late. Oh, and how do I claim back travel expenses ?"
He then had to sit and do a desk exercise involving budgets while another candidate undertook the interview itself and he proceeded to piss off my boss' PA by asking "What do I have to do to get a cup of tea around here, love ?"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

He was so far up his own ego it was untrue !
Sad thing was, he was easily the most experienced applicant and perfectly qualified for the job.
Shame he was such a tool with it ...

Always be polite to the "little people" because you can guarantee they'll be asked for their impressions.
Plus, what goes around comes around - if you do end up getting the job they'll be much more likely to be on your side if they remember you being nice to them on the day.
It's like the old adage about going on a date in a restaurant: you can really judge someone by the way they treat waiting staff and bar-tenders.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Good luck SL hope all goes well. CW great to hear from you Mate ;)
Winner of the Europa League
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Had another Leeds agency on asking when i was down as they have a client who wanted to interview me on monday.

But as am not down to monday night said to them if they could arrange tuesday then that would be fine.

The job is with a garage in the north of the city centre just of Regent Road.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Told you something would come up SL, good luck with it all pal and please keep us informed.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Its strange how you organise one interview and another one turns up out of the blue as well.

Not that am complaining at least it makes the expense of it all more worthwhile.

Just need the car to be fixed or is that pushing my luck to much.