The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Sniffer »

Sheepy wrote:Welcome back mate, nowt worse than separating and start again, I've done it, and in the end its worth it. Good luck bud.
Thanks Sheepy but I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. I AM separated from my wife and it WAS well worth it, but that was nearly 5 years ago. :) The move was thanks to a job change - a major reason for which is to live closer to my girlfriend of 3 years, someone, moreover, that I used to go out with last time I lived in Bristol 25 years ago. It's a funny old world.... :D
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

ahhhh :D

We'll I've never moved home for a job change. Historically my family has never left Leeds since the 1700's so its unlikely to happen now!
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

Sheepy wrote:ahhhh :D

We'll I've never moved home for a job change. Historically my family has never left Leeds since the 1700's so its unlikely to happen now!
Fair play, mate. I wish I had roots dug so deep. My family's a more restless lot. I'm about to move to my 15th new place - which works out at a move every 3 and a bit years. And, historically, we're from all over the shop. As local (-ish) lad Gaz Brookfield sings "A land pirate's life for me". :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I broke the chain many years ago when I married a lass from outside of Yorkshire, she was a Devonian. She was as far as I know the first non Yorkshire born spouse in the family. Funny how my wife now is from Barnsley :D
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sniffer wrote:I'm about to move to my 15th new place - which works out at a move every 3 and a bit years.
Man alive, that's a lot of moves pal although I suppose you get used to the incompetence of solicitors after a while :thumbdown:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Sniffer wrote:I'm about to move to my 15th new place - which works out at a move every 3 and a bit years.
Man alive, that's a lot of moves pal although I suppose you get used to the incompetence of solicitors after a while :thumbdown:
Always rented, mate. I've never been able to plan far enough ahead to justify buying a place - and the first few were with my parents as we didn't settle down in Somerset 'til I was 7, so you can knock the total down to 11. :D Even now, although I'd like this to be my last move, I know that my job is likely to move from Bristol to Didcot in a couple of years.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Proper frost here this morning need to get my long johns out :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Proper frost here this morning need to get my long johns out :thumbup:
There was ice in my local's ashtrays when they brought them in last night. This'll be the start of the Ice Age, then. :roll:
Winter IS coming! ;)
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Went to bed last night and the car covered in frost, get up this morning and its raining heavily.

Hopefully its wet on saturday for the drive down to Leeds as dont like the low winter sun in my eyes for 5 hours.
CrisPeacock
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CrisPeacock »

Subs: Leno (22), Coleman (26), Will Hughes (19), Kownacki (17), Lee Martin (27), Depay (20), Zahovic (18)

actually don't know why I've done it, but I spent many hours with this tonight :crazy:
no special criteria there- just my vision of football- young and strong team (average age=23)
sometimes it's good to dream :D
LUFCTALK Prediction League Winner 2014-2015