The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just popped out & bought £500 worth of euros as with an exchange rate that we received of 1:32 it's better than having the money in the bank.
Winner of the Europa League
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Selby White wrote:
Aces wrote:Going to Mexico on Wednesday for 11 days to the Sun Palace in Cancun, it's the fourth best rated hotel on Tripadvisor, it looks fantastic and more than 90% of visitors give it 5 out of 5. We can't wait to get there, you can't beat some winter sun.
Have a great trip Aces :thumbup:

Cheers for that mate. Well all too quickly our holiday is over, but what a brilliant holiday it was. We were in such a fantastic hotel, we had a double jacuzzi in our bedroom which were in everyday and we had waiter service everywhere, even on the beach, bringing us cocktails all day long. The food was brilliant, we could pick the best cuts of meat, sirloin, chops, chicken and loads of fish, tuna and salmon steaks, which we gave to the chef to cook for us. We had four gourmet resteraunts of the highest quality and all wines and liqueurs were the best quality. I was away 11 days and I've weighed myself and ive put 11 pounds on. :shock: :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Colin Lee (ex Leeds Utd Scout)
New Years Eve 2000
I spent that at home with my family my mates and a certain Colin Lee and his wife. A lot of media attention was ripe at the time about Colin Lee being sacked from Wolves. My mates young lad was 3rd keeper at Wolves and dating Lee's daughter. Colin wanted away from the media attention and accepted my mates offer to use an apartment he had free over here just so happened it was our turn to host the New Years Party.

My mate suggested Colin and his wife come along. Understandably in company totally unknown to them they where a little quiet but totally amicable and Colin was happy to answer any football related questions. Must say he has a wonderful family.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I saw him play a few times back in 77 for Torquay United.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

After having had a mobile phone contract for years I'm now not going to bother & just do pay as you go. My contract was with vodafone & I'd like keep my number as I've had it for so long. Will they charge me a one off fee to keep that number ?
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

They dont charge you in Ireland anyway. I switched from Vodafone to 3, and 3 set it all up and gave me a free sim card just took 2 hours for it to activate and I had to buy at least a 10 euro credit that was all.
I dont know What 3 is like in the uk, but over here they are buy far the best value, if you top up with 20 euro a month you get unlimited data, free texts to all networks, free calls to all 3 customers and free calls to everyone on saturdays and sundays. Delighted with them.
I have credit left over now instead of with Vodafone putting in 40 or 50 a month.Also 3 when your abroad charge you the same as if you were making a call in your own country where as vodafone charge 78 cent just to connect.

I Dont work for 3 either if thats what ye are thinking! :lolno:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:After having had a mobile phone contract for years I'm now not going to bother & just do pay as you go. My contract was with vodafone & I'd like keep my number as I've had it for so long. Will they charge me a one off fee to keep that number ?
No they won't. Just explain what you want to do and they'll be happy enough to retain you as a customer, so you will be able to keep your number 100% (I used to work for Orange and all the networks do that).

There might be a 24-hr period when they switch accounts from one sim to the other where you have no service but usually it doesn't actually take that long in practise :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Cheers guys :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Aces wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Aces wrote:Going to Mexico on Wednesday for 11 days to the Sun Palace in Cancun, it's the fourth best rated hotel on Tripadvisor, it looks fantastic and more than 90% of visitors give it 5 out of 5. We can't wait to get there, you can't beat some winter sun.
Have a great trip Aces :thumbup:

Cheers for that mate. Well all too quickly our holiday is over, but what a brilliant holiday it was. We were in such a fantastic hotel, we had a double jacuzzi in our bedroom which were in everyday and we had waiter service everywhere, even on the beach, bringing us cocktails all day long. The food was brilliant, we could pick the best cuts of meat, sirloin, chops, chicken and loads of fish, tuna and salmon steaks, which we gave to the chef to cook for us. We had four gourmet resteraunts of the highest quality and all wines and liqueurs were the best quality. I was away 11 days and I've weighed myself and ive put 11 pounds on. :shock: :lol:
Quality of the holiday should be judged on the amount of weight you put on :thumbup: ;) :lol:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Was down in Cambridgeshire at the weekend and spent a day at Duxford imperial war museum, absolutely superb, far better than i expected.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.