The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I feel your pain, mate - and I mean that literally.

I've got a frozen shoulder.
It's just come on over the last couple of months or so.
I know exactly what it is because the other shoulder went a few years ago due to a trauma (someone pushed me in a pool, fully clothed, and I smashed it on the way in trying to stop myself).

It is EXCRUCIATING and takes between a year and two years to ebb away and stop throbbing.
There's no obvious reason for it now, but I googled it and found it can come on with - guess what ? - diabetes.
Is there anything that stuff doesn't affect ? Evidently not .. I wouldn't mind but I'm not some fat chuffer who stuffs sweets in his mouth all day long.

Anyway .. I've been putting it off and putting it off .. I don't want physio - I'm doing the right exercises at home - I just want that bloody needle in my shoulder right now.
Last time, I had a couple of months of physical therapy and it killed me every time. Then finally I received a cortisone steroid injection - or three, to be precise: one in the front of the joint, one in the back and the other - the absolute WORST PAIN EVER - directly in between the acromion and the humerus :

It went right in to the cartilage and I nearly threw up there and then.
You can't move for 24 hours afterwards, but the next day ... oh ... my ... god ...

I need to go see my GP but I don't know if he'll just gimme the jabs .. :shifty:
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Start another temp job next monday the 25th in Dundee for 4-6 weeks.

At least it will boost my bank balance if nothing else.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Mr Russell wrote:Well that me out of here (for 2 weeks anyway), off to Bali :wave: no mobile phones or computers, how will i survive?
I see you are back how was it ?
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Start another temp job next monday the 25th in Dundee for 4-6 weeks.

At least it will boost my bank balance if nothing else.
Good stuff :thumbup:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Well that me out of here (for 2 weeks anyway), off to Bali :wave: no mobile phones or computers, how will i survive?
I see you are back how was it ?
Good trip! and thanks for asking NW :thumbup:

Started off getting up at some ungodly hour of 3 am in the morning for a train to Sydney (nearly 3 hours) then a couple of hours wait at the airport. Finally got on the plane and we got delayed for another 2 hours (we were in line to take off during that time). Flight was a relief to be honest after all that, watched Jupiter Ascending, Contagion and Dial M for Murder (great old movie).

Very warm when we landed and had a 40 minute wait for our cases to get off the plane but thankfully our driver was waiting for us and he took us to our hotel (Grand Inna Kuta), decided to get some money changed and check our our favourite bar (run by an Englishman who is a Luton Town fan, funnily enough he said he had been checking more up on Leeds's plight during the season and thinks our favourite Italian is a total nut :lol: ), the bar is called Headquarters HQ and we relaxed there for the rest of the day (and were frequent visitors each day, its the best place in Bali to chill and watch sport and listen to live music 4 nights a week)

Places we went were -
Kuta - (where we were based, lots of restaurants/clubs and shops,the beaches at Kuta also have the locals selling beer on it, cheap as well, we did go down there for a couple of drink a few times)
Seminyak - (British pub called the Plumbers Arms is situated here, we stopped in for a drink whilst we were there
Sanur - (there is a another Englishman called Darrell who is a Southampton fan who runs a British fish and chips shop called Man Frydays in this place and we had a top meal there, most of his customers are ex-pats and locals)
Kerobokan - (where the Gaol is - no we did not go and visit anyone :shock: - but there any plenty of shops around there)
Ulawatu - (this is a good place to visit to see the sunset, its near the beach and has a temple which is inhabited by monkeys which run around free)
Ubud - (Monkey Forest which is pretty self explanatory, my girlfriend was actually bitten by one of them as it tried to steal her camera - she is ok but has to have a tetanus shot, there was other who had things stolen whilst we were there like drinks and food.
Besakih - (The main and biggest Temple(s) in Bali and the passage to the clouds as it is surrounded by mountains of which you can not see the tops of, we had a guide and were told the story about the temples and the Hindu religion in Bali (not exactly the same as in India but close)
Klung Kung - (you can say it wrong some times and it sounds like your swearing :lol: , here has the Water Palace which tells you of Bali before the Dutch invaded and took over the place (they did gain independence later), in the roofs of the buildings told many stories one of which was about the Bali justice system which was very violent, the pictures were quite graphic, there was even a punishment for farting :lol: :lol: :lol: . Lovely building through which is not floating on water more surrounded on it.
Denpasar - (the capital of the country and where the airport is, we also went on a Pirate cruise around the harbour close by this city)
Gianyar - (this is where the Bali Safari and Marine Park is, well worth a visit, you can walk around or go on the tour bus around certain animal closures, seeing the White Tigers at feeding time was awesome, we also saw Eagles/Elephants being feed as well, sadly missed out on the Piranhas getting fed. It also has a water park for both kids and adults.

Did get unwell for 36 hours near the end of the trip but I think that was more due to the bad food on the Pirate Cruise (poor buffet food) and one of the pool's water (when I swim I seem to always get water in my mouth which is not good), was very dehydrated, headache and upset stomach. I did soldier on and went to a Theatre show which included a story of love mixed in with illusion and magic.

Then Paradise was over and we had to come home, on the trip home I watched American Sniper and 3 episodes of a show called "Legends" starring Sean Bean. Books I read (of which I've read before a long time ago) were Gary Edwards first 2 books and Vinnie Jones's book.

Yeah sorry its a bit long and will probably bore many on here but if anyone wants to try Bali just drop me a line and I can give them a heads up if they ever visit the place. We are looking at going back next July hopefully with the kids in tow this time.

Oh just one last thing I did find a computer in the Hotel but sadly could not get onto this site to the the IP address, it said I was permanently banned which I can say was a shock :o
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

You mention the Luton fan, when we were in Buenos Aries a couple of years back we were looking for our car to take us back to the hotel but no joy. Suddenly this chap appeared wearing a Luton top & yes he was English anyway he phoned the offices of the people who were picking us up & sorted everything for us. I offered him a $20 bill which he flatly refused.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

NottinghamWhite wrote:You mention the Luton fan, when we were in Buenos Aries a couple of years back we were looking for our car to take us back to the hotel but no joy. Suddenly this chap appeared wearing a Luton top & yes he was English anyway he phoned the offices of the people who were picking us up & sorted everything for us. I offered him a $20 bill which he flatly refused.
Interesting, maybe there's some Leeds/Luton connection as both teams have been docked points by those nasty people in the FA. This guys been in Indonesia for years but only in Bali for 18 months. He does remember his trips to Elland Road though.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Mr Russell wrote:
Interesting, maybe there's some Leeds/Luton connection as both teams have been docked points by those nasty people in the FA. This guys been in Indonesia for years but only in Bali for 18 months. He does remember his trips to Elland Road though.
We might be in Newcastle next year, January or February depending on releasing some capital we have tied up. Would love to meet up for a beer if we do :D As I say won't know for a couple of months but can't see why it won't go through, problem is we only set the wheels in motion yesterday.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
We might be in Newcastle next year, January or February depending on releasing some capital we have tied up. Would love to meet up for a beer if we do :D As I say won't know for a couple of months but can't see why it won't go through, problem is we only set the wheels in motion yesterday.
That would be awesome if you do come down our way :thumbup: and beer, oh year I'm sure I can find a few good Aussie Craft beers for us to try as well, let me know once you know what you will be doing/staying and then we can get the ball rolling with a meet up. Some good wineries up our way as well ;)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I'm a Lotto winner :) well £25, first win I've had since it became £2 a pop.