Adam Pearson gone

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 130

Re: Adam Pearson gone

Post by Deleted User 130 »

dlw10 wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:I'm hoping that Pearson has left because he doesn't like goodbyes and therefore doesn't want to be present when either Mr Cellino is being waved off to a proverbial Italian 'big house' or there is a bid to buy the club imminent. More seriously though, I've no idea but the lack of 'fallout' since the announcement makes me believe, okay hope too, that AP has gone because something positive is brewing. This is all 100% my thoughts, I haven't heard any news or rumour.
I can buy all of that ONS. It would then explain why Pearson went in there in the first place which is something that for me has always been a mystery. I'm still backing Red Bull to be the mystery solvers!
Stop that right now DLW, step away from the teeth rotting, club killing, history wiping, colours erasing, product shifting, brand promoting poison :D

But again, more seriously, I'm not trying to 'sell' anyone my vague theories :)
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:
dlw10 wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:I'm hoping that Pearson has left because he doesn't like goodbyes and therefore doesn't want to be present when either Mr Cellino is being waved off to a proverbial Italian 'big house' or there is a bid to buy the club imminent. More seriously though, I've no idea but the lack of 'fallout' since the announcement makes me believe, okay hope too, that AP has gone because something positive is brewing. This is all 100% my thoughts, I haven't heard any news or rumour.
I can buy all of that ONS. It would then explain why Pearson went in there in the first place which is something that for me has always been a mystery. I'm still backing Red Bull to be the mystery solvers!
Stop that right now DLW, step away from the teeth rotting, club killing, history wiping, colours erasing, product shifting, brand promoting poison :D

But again, more seriously, I'm not trying to 'sell' anyone my vague theories :)
:lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:
Deleted User 130

:D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

dlw10 wrote: I'm still backing Red Bull to be the mystery solvers!
Well they were seen at Elland Road earlier today.

Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

According to the YEP he is quoted as saying he needs to give all his time to Hull RL.
I once played against Don Revie.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

You have to ask why 48hours at Wendies and 4 months at Lufc was required for the 'stabiliser' to realise he'd bitten off more than he could handle. Fortunately, as rigger would say, 'one ring to rule them all', a bloke who managed 1 club in 22 years (not 2 in 4 months) is prepared to double his work load to fill the gap. I'm sure we're all grateful, know I am.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 130

So you're criticising him for NOT bringing any stability to the club?
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Mellor wrote:You have to ask why 48hours at Wendies and 4 months at Lufc was required for the 'stabiliser' to realise he'd bitten off more than he could handle. Fortunately, as rigger would say, 'one ring to rule them all', a bloke who managed 1 club in 22 years (not 2 in 4 months) is prepared to double his work load to fill the gap. I'm sure we're all grateful, know I am.

Sounds contradictory to me. We all want stability, so not sure what you are grateful about, a bloke who managed 1 club in 22 years (not 2 in 4 months) and sacked how many managers, 34? how many since being at Leeds,5?

When I hear fans so strongly support MC and stability, it just makes me vision UKIP supporters asking for equal rights for immigrants.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

I share everyone's concerns re the lack of buffer / sounding board for cellinos erratic behaviour. However on this occasion I honestly believe he is blameless. He recruited a man into a role, that employee was aware of the requirements of the job, & his own personal commitments on accepting the role. The fact he can no longer commit to performing his role @ Leeds is hardly Cellinos fault. I strongly believe Pearson had a deal in the pipeline to offload Hull. If anyone should be lambasted it should probably be Pearson.
It's also worthy of note the recruitment of Rosler was well underway prior to pearsons engagement, as was the repurchasing of the catering rights. I also believe the need for a british head of recruitment had been identified, with Cellino being so hands on it might be debatable how much we need a CEO given there is now a pretty robust structure in place. One thing Cellino must guard against is his communication with the media. Pearson was right regarding the circus around his briefings & the level of misunderstanding it creates.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Hull FC owner Adam Pearson is back at the Chairman's desk full-time once again with a driven desire to see through his ambitions for the club in 2016 and beyond.

The Black and Whites' owner has relinquished control of some of his other business interests to focus solely on his plans for the Airlie Birds, with a renewed optimism for success in the future.

Excited about the young talent which is now starting to emerge and arguably the most eye-catching signings in Super League for next season, with deals for the likes of Frank Pritchard, Sika Manu, Scott Taylor and Mahe Fonua just four of six new recruits heading to the KC Stadium next season to build a formidable squad, the future looks bright.

With the mouth-watering prospect of seeing them all in action in black and white next year, Pearson says the time is right to spend more time at the club and finally realise the dream.

“We have a very good management team behind the scenes so I see my role as re-engaging with lapsed and now lost sponsors and our supporters in order to ensure the club is on a sound financial footing for the years to come.

“Hull FC needs my complete attention, so that is what it will get, as we look to take care of some areas of the club in relation to supporters and corporate partners. We have to fight for financial support against the City of Culture 2017 sponsor packages which are eating into our traditional sponsor database.

"I evidenced first hand in Leeds how the two clubs, United and Rhinos, received huge commercial and corporate social responsibility backing from a wide range of companies in Leeds. It would be great if I could engage with some of our larger companies in Hull to obtain that same support for Hull FC.

“Employers and large companies benefit from having successful sports teams in their city and Hull is no exception, and their employees are always happier and more productive if they have successful teams to follow. I will be trying to engage with companies in Hull to try and get them to partner the club and enjoy the benefits we can also give them."

It is a strong and bold chance from Pearson, who has been owner and chairman at the club since buying the organisation in 2011.

Now back at the helm and leading from the front, he is keen to work with his staff to drive the club forward and realise his ambitions.

"I want all areas of the club firing on all cylinders and striving for success and as Chairman of the club I must lead from the front," he said.

"The management team are building a culture and ethos here at the club that we believe can be the firm foundation of success for years to come.

"Our marketing team have also developed a new exciting membership that all fans can now play a part in and are working hard to instil a vision, togetherness and community feel across the club.

"Lee and his coaching team are working similarly hard to continue to grow the ever-developing culture, belief and professionalism in our performance department, where we can strive for success and build a competitive Super League team, which looks very strong for 2016.

"The club is moving forward in the right direction and I will be driving it harder now than ever before, but we need our pass holders and new members to stay with us in what has already been a long journey, or we cannot develop at the pace we all want.

"The backroom team is in place under Lee Radford with a new conditioning team and medical department and the coaching team looks very, very strong for the next season.

He continued, "I have the utmost faith and respect for the management team we have in place at the club, with some bright and talented individuals who will continue to manage the club as they do on a day-to-day basis.

"But I will now immerse myself in the city of Hull and try to reawaken corporate interest in this great club.

"I would urge everyone to get behind us and play their part in that, because we believe it is going to be a breakthrough year for a sustained period of success.

"Without your support we could falter as clubs have before, but with it, we believe we now have the infrastructure, facilities and squad to compete with the very best
Winner of the Europa League