Berardi

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Berardi

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Has just signed a new 2 year contract at the club.

We are delighted to announce that full-back Gaetano Berardi has signed a two-year contract extension with the club. Berardi’s deal was due to expire in the summer but he has now committed his future to Elland Road until 2018. The 27-year-old, a summer 2014 signing from Italian outfit Sampdoria, has been a regular fixture in the side so far this season, featuring in eight of our opening nine fixtures before being rested for Saturday’s victory at MK Dons. Berardi, who is comfortable playing at right or left back, has established himself as a popular figure among supporters with his committed, all-action displays in defence. He featured 24 times in all competitions during his debut season at the club after nailing down a place in the team following the turn of the year. “I’m very happy here," Berardi said. “The city and everything is very good. “We are a team this season after many changes last season. We are a very good group together - that is important. “Last season the first two or three months were difficult for me and for the other new players. “This time I started the pre-season and that is very important. My body is better and I feel fitter. “I have been playing right-back, which is my position. We are playing well with the full-backs in every game.
Winner of the Europa League
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Berardi

Post by zigzag »

Good news, nice to get the players tied down on longer contracts (which we all know arent worth anything if an offer comes in, but at least benefits the club should such a situation arise)
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Important signing given the uncertainty over Byram - let's hope we manage to extend by byrams deal along with those of cook & Taylor over the next 6 months
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Pleased about this arguably our most consistant performer.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

isrodger wrote:Important signing given the uncertainty over Byram - let's hope we manage to extend by byrams deal along with those of cook & Taylor over the next 6 months
Arguably 'an important signing increasing the uncertainty over Byram'. I like Berardi, took to him from the off despite the red mist but really hoped Sam would sign on again. Less likely now for me. Really hope I'm wrong.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Player of the season for me so far, great news :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Great news, he's one of our best performers.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
leedsrevolution
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by leedsrevolution »

Who would of thought we'd be saying this at the beginning of last season. Great news though.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

TBF a few of us would have, and we said so last season on here - he looked capable as long as he stopped being psychotic :D
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Excellent news he's having a great season, deserves it in my opinion.