Kelly Jones Fav Leeds memories

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Kelly Jones Fav Leeds memories

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Deleted User 3289

Re: Kelly Jones Fav Leeds memories

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Went to watch the phonics at the King George hall Blackburn...Cracking Gig! I gave Kelly the Leeds Salute, unfortunately he just looked at me as tho I was a nut-job....
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

He was right tho..... :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Can't stand him or the band.
Boring, middle of the road cobblers, only slightly better than Coldplay.

Music for people who don't like music, IMHO.

With that voice, he should be playing blues, country and Americana in Tennessee, not whining in the valleys.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

For my sins I have had various commercial relationship with Man Utd. I get on with the team there often remarking things OT is like a poor mans version of Elland Road, etc. We get on as they know I'm really passionate about Leeds & detest Scum, instead of being some fake contact who pretends to show an interest in football, in some respects.The guys there extend an open invitation for me to watch a game there, to which I reply "I would rather prick my eyes out with pins" When the third round draw, was made I was immediately on the phone request in to main stand tickets as I knew I had little chance getting them from Leeds. My counterpart, duly obliged with two box tickets as I couldn't be trusted in the main stand! Our box was mixed and located next to Wayne Rooneys, where Kelly watched the game. I was on my best behaviour, a few quips until we scored when I went mental. The second half seemed to last 2 hrs, and I was sure they would equalise. I became more and more animated as chances were missed at both ends. Mr Jones, gestured at me, laughed & kept signalling to me to calm down and watch my heart as I kicked every ball until the final whistle. The irony of the tale is I watched the stereophonics the following week at the o2 again in a box.... I remarked I was there to watch kelly Jones as the previous week Jones had been watching me.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:Can't stand him or the band.
Boring, middle of the road cobblers, only slightly better than Coldplay.

Music for people who don't like music, IMHO.

With that voice, he should be playing blues, country and Americana in Tennessee, not whining in the valleys.
Whilst not being quite so vitriolic I know where you're coming from. Apart from that poor cover of Handbags and Gladrags they pretty much passed me by, so when certain people started praising them to the moon and back I thought I'd better try and understand what all the fuss was about. I've got 4 of their albums, I've listened to them thoroughly, studied their lyrics and I have to say that I totally agree with you: they are boring, middle of the road cobblers, only slightly better than Coldplay. I don't mind Kelly Jones, though. He seems a decent enough bloke.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Loved their first album but failed to follow it up with anything decent. Went very mor.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

birkybullufc wrote:Loved their first album but failed to follow it up with anything decent. Went very mor.
Couldn't agree more. First album is up there with my very favourites. After that they just went downhill. Second had his moments but nowhere near as good overall. Saw them headline Leeds festival in 2000 got to the very front. They were still fairly new and raw then and it was one of my best live experiences ever.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I don't know who he is. Never heard of him.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

He's a Welsh rock singer, John.

If you've heard the song "Have a nice day" or "Maybe Tomorrow" that's them ...

He's actually got a great set of pipes on him, like a proper old school croaky blues-rock voice, similar to Joe Cocker ... but the music is kack.