West Yorkshire Sport Cellino Interview

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

West Yorkshire Sport Cellino Interview

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Interview with Cellino from BBC Radio Leeds Adam Pope:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p033z8zl

Not sure how long it will be available.
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: West Yorkshire Sport Cellino Interview

Post by gilesdriveby »

Actually quite a good interview from Massimo. Long my they last
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Very inciteful & it is good to hear a balanced view of the full ramifications of Byrams contract offer. There is an inference that Byram & others before him may have been given contracts that were never intended to be honoured for the duration. Whilst he will not be held to ransom, MC clearly wants to keep Byram. The whole interview has the air of stability, and buy-in to long term plan, which ultimately will see us return to the premiership. Some may prefer may want the football equivalent of Corbynomics, but most pragmatists appreciate that policy is only good for a season.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Few days ago he publicly slates Byram, trying to humiliate him in front of the fans! Today Sam is just a Boy and he wants him to stay :wtf:
If Sam is a boy, MC should feel ashamed of what he done to Sam in public, but I didn't hear him say so. If you want someone to stay, try being nice and pay fair, that might help!!

In MC own words "If we sell good players we are wasting our time" , I thought Ross McCormack was pretty good :?: :roll:
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

I'm not sure what scrapping Trident has to do with LUFC although renationalising the railways could be the equivalent of buying back ER I suppose so it's Corbillino all the way :D ;)

I still find MC a bit difficult to follow - such a strong accent & his unusual (Italian?) sentence construction - but that's a sensible interview for me in which he makes a number of reassuring points, including those about Sam; foundations, contracts, patience, UR and so on. Time as ever will be the judge.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

A number of reassuring points which contradict previous points :P

The guy's a crank, but he's here so we stick with it or we walk away. The latter isn't an option for me so if Cellino is intent on genuine good for the club and the team then I'll back him. Sad days when an interview with a proven 'erratic' owner even gets published, it's all 'me me me' with him, another sad aspect of football.

Time might well be the judge, but there might be a judge in Italy one day having more effect on Cellino's plans.

ISR - it's 'insightful' the word I think you were looking for, 'inciteful' maybe a Freudian slip (and great) :D
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:A number of reassuring points which contradict previous points :P

The guy's a crank, but he's here so we stick with it or we walk away. The latter isn't an option for me so if Cellino is intent on genuine good for the club and the team then I'll back him. Sad days when an interview with a proven 'erratic' owner even gets published, it's all 'me me me' with him, another sad aspect of football.

Time might well be the judge, but there might be a judge in Italy one day having more effect on Cellino's plans.

ISR - it's 'insightful' the word I think you were looking for, 'inciteful' maybe a Freudian slip (and great) :D
Massimo is just one weird bloke. When I spoke to him at Boro he was totally unintelligible. And as someone said earlier, he is very difficult to understand at the best of times. My guess is he is bordering on insane!