Hello everyone !

Introduce yourself here
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Hello everyone !

Post by 1964white »

Just finding my way around the forum after registering earlier this week

Season Ticket Holder in the kop, enjoy many away days too.

First game v Grimsby Town in 1963/64, we won 3-1 with Billy Brenner scoring one of the goals who became an instant hero along with Johnny Giles

Other interests : I'm a massive music fan, bit of an anorak as i collect cd's by the 1000's 8-)

My other main interest is playing Outdoor & Indoor Bowls

Also love horse racing....a real form student :geek:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Hello everyone !

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum (again) mate :thumbup:.

The new members thread(s) on the old site made really interesting reading, finding out that little bit more about everyone. I'm also a season ticket holder in the North Stand, where are your seats (just area, not specific numbers ?).

I'm not really into my music, but have a little share or two in a couple of racehorses :shh:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote:Welcome to the forum (again) mate :thumbup:.

The new members thread(s) on the old site made really interesting reading, finding out that little bit more about everyone. I'm also a season ticket holder in the North Stand, where are your seats (just area, not specific numbers ?).

I'm not really into my music, but have a little share or two in a couple of racehorses :shh:
Hi Barlow

N10 row S.....I watch the first half from my seat & then join my good pal Mellor over in N11 at half-time for the 2nd half :)

If you don't mind me asking what are the names of the racehorses ?
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Welcome Mr 1964W, you'll enjoy yersen 'round 'ere, there's some good folks! ;)

P.S. - To answer your question ont t'other thread, I'm East Mids, but we all have our crosses to bear! :D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

PockWhite wrote:Welcome Mr 1964W, you'll enjoy yersen 'round 'ere, there's some good folks! ;)

P.S. - To answer your question ont t'other thread, I'm East Mids, but we all have our crosses to bear! :D
Thanks Pock :thumbup:

Asked the question as there is a village called Pocklington in East Yorks which of course is shortened to Pock.
Last edited by 1964white on 17 Oct 2013, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote:

Hi Barlow

N10 row S.....I watch the first half from my seat & then join my good pal Mellor over in N11 at half-time for the 2nd half :)

Blimey, two seats :lol:. We are near neighbours too (if only in the first half), as we are in N9. I think Davvy tried to get a map of the ground going with all members seating areas noted, but not sure what happened to that in the end.

I only have a small share, or a bit of a hoof in both, so a bit unfair to others for splashing the names around but we have them with Ann Duffield. They are extremely well cared for, and we have had the odd win and a place but I doubt we will be troubling the Epsom judges anytime soon :)
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote:
1964white wrote:

Hi Barlow

Blimey, two seats :lol:. We are near neighbours too (if only in the first half), as we are in N9. I think Davvy tried to get a map of the ground going with all members seating areas noted, but not sure what happened to that in the end.

I only have a small share, or a bit of a hoof in both, so a bit unfair to others for splashing the names around but we have them with Ann Duffield. They are extremely well cared for, and we have had the odd win and a place but I doubt we will be troubling the Epsom judges anytime soon :)
Ann Duffield does well from her North Yorkshire small stable with around 20 to 25 winners a season over the last few years, she had high hopes for Willie The Whipper when he won his first two races, raced at Longchamp last time out
Middleham is a favourite retreat for Mrs 64 & i, we had the pleasure of watching 100's of Mark Johnston's horses on the gallops & was invited into one of the small yards by one of the lasses of the Simon West stable :)

Do we have a Horse Racing Thread on here ?
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
1964white wrote:

Hi Barlow

To be honest with things going on i had let it slip but I think I'll get back to that now. Anyway get yer pin in the map mate :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
1964white wrote:

Hi Barlow

To be honest with things going on i had let it slip but I think I'll get back to that now. Anyway get yer pin in the map mate :thumbup:
Thanks Davy
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

1964white wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
1964white wrote:

Hi Barlow

Thanks Davy
Have you got a pin or shall I bring one on Sunday :D
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente