In Cellino We Do Not Trust... facebook page...

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: In Cellino We Do Not Trust... facebook page...

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Taken from elsewhere.

We were talking to someone in the past few days, who says that the reason CelliNO pulled out of the deal with LFU was because he'd been told that there are people out there willing to pay 100 million for the club. As with any Leeds rumour, it's a case of believe it when it happens, but the source seems solid. Our source says that Leeds is still seen as the next big opportunity to snap up with the money likely to come from the Middle East.
I'm not so sure that he thinks there is a better offer out there. I think he just woke up one morning and changed his mind. It is the nature of the man.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just to balance things this is from the group In Cellino we Trust.

Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Not really balanced though is it? They claim to have prevented Cellino selling to LFU, which is laughable - Cellino stopped Cellino selling to LFU.

'acidic reporting' from Phil Hay too.

'we will support the new owner' , says it all really, most people want to support Leeds United, and the In Cellino we do NOT trust group is about that, and the facts are that we as a team haven't been above 10th place since he took over.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Not really balanced though is it?
Just thought we could show both sides we are a democracy :D
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Absolutely, not doubting this forum, your honour :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Not really balanced though is it? They claim to have prevented Cellino selling to LFU, which is laughable - Cellino stopped Cellino selling to LFU.

'we will support the new owner' , says it all really, most people want to support Leeds United, and the In Cellino we do NOT trust group is about that, and the facts are that we as a team haven't been above 10th place since he took over.
No less balanced than the anti-Cellino lot, nor, indeed, the pro-LFU lot. They all have a standpoint, an agenda. Personally I have to admit to being totally clueless as to what's going on, as all I see are agendas being pushed, lines being spun. I used to support a football club, for too long now it seems I have to support a board room faction as well. Sometimes reading posts on here is like watching children squabble. It's all very sad.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Sniffer wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:Not really balanced though is it? They claim to have prevented Cellino selling to LFU, which is laughable - Cellino stopped Cellino selling to LFU.

No less balanced than the anti-Cellino lot, nor, indeed, the pro-LFU lot. They all have a standpoint, an agenda. Personally I have to admit to being totally clueless as to what's going on, as all I see are agendas being pushed, lines being spun. I used to support a football club, for too long now it seems I have to support a board room faction as well. Sometimes reading posts on here is like watching children squabble. It's all very sad.
No Sniffer, you're missing the point (here, not overall :) ... The aim for the In Cellino We Do NOT Trust group on Facebook is set out on there - 'This Group is for football fans who do not trust Massimo Cellino's judgement in running Leeds United Football Club. This Group aims to be non-abusive and is not designed to be confrontational, offensive or vindictive against Cellino.'

ps the real Sniffer Clarke is the honorary leader of LFU :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sniffer wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Getting totally fed up with the politics myself, wish we could return to the days when football was the prime topic.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

'This Group is for football fans who do not trust Massimo Cellino's judgement in running Leeds United Football Club. This Group aims to be non-abusive and is not designed to be confrontational, offensive or vindictive against Cellino.'

I completely agree, which is why I said it, that most of us want to support the football team, not the bleedin' owner. I'll support this club til the day I die, like most of us, and I bloody detest all this Leeds on Leeds Pooh but I know when something needs fighting for and needs speaking up for, and that is to get owners in who can be trusted and relied upon to do what is best for the team and thus the loyal supporters... we have not seen that this century!
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Sniffer wrote:

No Sniffer, you're missing the point (here, not overall :) ... The aim for the In Cellino We Do NOT Trust group on Facebook is set out on there - 'This Group is for football fans who do not trust Massimo Cellino's judgement in running Leeds United Football Club. This Group aims to be non-abusive and is not designed to be confrontational, offensive or vindictive against Cellino.'

ps the real Sniffer Clarke is the honorary leader of LFU :D
I think you've actually strengthened the point that I was trying to make, ANS. Any group that says that they are "for football fans who do not trust Massimo Cellino's judgement in running Leeds United Football Club" are, by definition, taking a contrary position to those who do trust MC's judgement. No matter how non-confrontational, non-offensive or non-vindictive they are towards Cellino (and I am pleased to hear that they are against any form of abuse) the group still holds a viewpoint vis-à-vis the running of the club that is in opposition to another group. Because of these oppositional roles neither group will "balanced". The same goes for those pro- and anti- LFU.
Personally, I think Cellino's as mad as a box of frogs, by the way.