Snow

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Snow

Post by NottinghamWhite »

How much snow do you have in your area ? We had a small amount overnight but it's melted now.
Winner of the Europa League
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Snow

Post by SiMamu »

It snowed down here in South London too (I return to Leeds on the 23rd), just a little bit and it's mostly melted away now, but there are still small patches here and there. Enough to put the cats off going outside, sadly for the carpet.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Absolutely nothing on the south coast so far .. but it certainly feels cold enough so maybe tomorrow.

This morning was just wet and windy while yesterday morning was still and there was a solid ground frost, indicating it's imminent ... watch this space.

Spoke to a mate in Weybridge earlier and they'd had some overnight.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

In Berkshire, just a slight covering which had gone by late morning.

I understand that in the North Pole its about 20ft deep. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

About 2 inches in Tunbridge Wells so enough to make a cracking snowman with the little one, all done out in Leeds scarf and hat. If I knew how to post pictures on the site I would put it up. :thumbup:
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Shropshire and Staffs had a couple of inches but not sufficient to disrupt travel etc. made the garden look nice!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Our special little man enjoying the snow in Northampton.

Winner of the Europa League
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

we had a fair bit in Rothwell, well I say a fair bit, it was only a bit about 2 or 3 inches but it fell and laid really quickly. Me and the missus went for a walk in it, was so quiet and peaceful.

All gone though now nearly.

We don't get snow like I remember when I was a kid in the 80's, I remember walking to school and there was like a proper foot of snow and we used to roll giant snowballs in the playground that were like 6ft tall...

It could be just nostalgia but I remember as a kid every year you got a good bit of snow, usually after Christmas or early Feb and it was nice and deep.

Snow is number 2s these days
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

In 1946/7 it snowed at Christmas, was well over a foot deep and was still there in March. 1963 was another, with no football played for about 6 weeks. There was about 8/10 inches of snow which froze solid with temperatures below freezing for several weeks, with freezing fog. Real pleasant it was, particularly as we didn't have central heating. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Ah yeah, 1963, the temperature never got higher than something silly like minus 1...

Now I don't recall winters THAT BAD!!!!

Does show the winters have been gradually getting warmer though I suppose