Positive reasons why Cellino should be our President

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Positive reasons why Cellino should be our President

Post by phil62 »

Costy wrote:
Mellor wrote:
Costy wrote:We're primary school teachers - our pupils would have you believe Justin Bieber is the new Dylan. So would some of our younger staff to be honest.

Oasis were the band that made me fall in love with music in my teens; longer term 'The Strokes' are the boys as far as I'm concerned. Very talented, very cool.
As a primary school teacher you don't have time to be on here with the range and breadth of change/bureaucracy you have to deal with :thumbup:

How's your coding ;)
Not as good as the kids' :D

Don't get me started on the changes and ridiculous demands now being forced on teachers or we could be here for a while. And then I'll never get my marking and planning done by midnight.
Get back to work Costy (Sfx whip lashing) - And write out 100 times 'I must not call my collegaue an old **** on social media' Oasis? Pah
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Costy wrote:We're primary school teachers - our pupils would have you believe Justin Bieber is the new Dylan. So would some of our younger staff to be honest.

Oasis were the band that made me fall in love with music in my teens; longer term 'The Strokes' are the boys as far as I'm concerned. Very talented, very cool.
Mate, listen to 'Purpose' and find me a single song on that album that isn't a banger.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Sniffer wrote:
Nesslin wrote:
Sniffer wrote:Thanks, Nesslin, for dragging this forum down to the level of a schoolroom squabble. It is perfectly possible for people to hold differing opinions on things without either of them being factually wrong. I have enjoyed coming on here for the last 3 or 4 years but, unfortunately, every time I log on now I see you making comments that wouldn't seem out of place coming out of the mouth of a 13 year old. It's depressing. I'm out.
And Mellor has trouble seeing the personal side of this forum's insults. :roll:

Sniffer, I have been a member of this forum for a long time now and have seen many posters who share same or smiler view as I do leave. They leave because their views on Cellino and how the club is being run differs to posters like yourself who then start to become personal even nasty towards them. I have seen this many times before. The same is happening to me and now, unlike others who left I stayed and now can highlight this, with the help from others like yourself.

If you think my opinions or views are different to a growing number of Leeds fans, you are mistaken. You really should be ashamed of yourself hating on someone who has different views , more so on a forum.

I do agree you would enjoy this forum more with same minded fans. However, there are a growing number of fans who want Cellino out with a passion, far as I can tell all the personal snipes that were thrown at me were from fans happy he is our President.

Shame on you :thumbdown:
Ok, I'll rise to the bait.
What are my views on Cellino?
Well you've not answered my question despite being on here almost constantly for the last 5 hours. I guess that is because you don't know what my views are. As it happens, I think he's a complete nutjob. However, I am neither Pro- nor Anti-Cellino: I am open-minded about him at the moment. I think he made a lot of rash comments when he first took over that have been overtaken by events (things that may have been clear to him if he had done Due Diligence). I also think that his Ego needs him to succeed with Leeds United. I certainly don't think he is trying to destroy the club (although he may do if he feels that all of the world is against him - I'm sure most businessmen are borderline psychopaths).

"I do agree you would enjoy this forum more with same minded fans". No, I wouldn't. I have never said this and I actually enjoy seeing and taking part in discussions and debates.
"If you think my opinions or views are different to a growing number of Leeds fans, you are mistaken. You really should be ashamed of yourself hating on someone who has different views , more so on a forum". As above. Not sure what "hating on" means. If it means "hating", then I neither hate you nor anyone else who has differing views to me (except, perhaps, fascist totalitarianists and others that try to force their views on to other people).

What irritates me about your posts (and I'm sorry if this hurts) is that you start a thread that automatically places you in opposition to the title of the thread, thereby setting up a thread seemingly to start an argument. The original thread asking "Who loves Cellino?" was what brought me to mind of 13 year olds. It is not your views which I find so grating, it is the way you bang on about the same thing again and again and again without actually engaging in debate and accepting other people's views as relevant. It's as though you're trying to force your views on to ... that may be coming out wrong. ;)
I'm sorry if I have offended you - shame on me. Unfortunately you have made this forum a difficult place to visit - shame on you.
jm fleet
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by jm fleet »

Nesslin despite what you say you created this thread to divide opinion and argue upon the ones you dont agree with. You dont like cellino we get that but constantly barrating the fans who are prepared to give him time is becoming tiresome
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Thanks Jim and Sniffer... I think you have both nicely summed up what this thread is really about.

I am now closing this thread.

Can I just remind all that this forum is supposed to be a fun and friendly place for Leeds supporters to share their views? Divisive and antagonistic posts don't achieve anything, and are not interesting or enjoyable to read.

Wind-up merchants, agenda pushers, and other opinionated bollocks actually does have a home on the internet... it's called WACCOE. I have been known to go there and enjoy it from time to time, but LUFCtalk is not the place for that, and was created as a welcome respite from the nonsense. Please can all posters respect that?

:thumbup:

ON ON ON!
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

And just to point out... there is already a thread: Is it time to turn on Cellino?

We don't need multiple threads about the same topic...