WARNING, this is another Cellino thread :-)

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: WARNING, this is another Cellino thread :-)

Post by isrodger »

As I said I personally think the poster was a perfectly reasonable protest. Maybe shouldn't have said time to go massimo - rather time to deliver. There may be mitigating circumstances but - He has to deliver the ground - until he does he will be regarded as a bullshitter!

And rigger - we didn't like cussans & silver. They were subjected to antiSemitic taunts, silver was lambasted for sacking gray, selling cantona and the fiasco that was the sale of David batty! However we only had radio Leeds, the YEP and matches at which to have a moan up.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

rigger wrote:... I've just been trying to think back to what it was like before Cellino, before GFH, before Bates, before Ridsdale's goldfish ..
We were in the wilderness back in the 80's but not for as long as this. Before that were the halcyon days of the Revie era. With the season effectively over last month there ain't a lot of team discussion to be had, mid table obscurity once again beckons. The Premiership seems light years away if I'm honest. As each season turns to obscurity then the more fans will become disallusioned & will either go onto a forum or social media & vent their spleen or simply vote with their feet.

Sad days they really are & I have a feeling things are going to get a whole lot worse.
Winner of the Europa League
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

isrodger wrote:
And rigger - we didn't like cussans & silver. They were subjected to antiSemitic taunts, silver was lambasted for sacking gray, selling cantona and the fiasco that was the sale of David batty! However we only had radio Leeds, the YEP and matches at which to have a moan up.
Fair point, i.e not as many platforms to vent and moan!
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Plenty of us liked Cussins a lot.

Damn it ISR, you've got me ranting about FORMER chairmen now :lol:

But really, Cussins was a nice bloke and a good boss until, certainly in football matters, 1974 when he was pretty much coerced into agreeing to Clough's arrival. Leslie Silver was a very different scenario.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Plenty of us liked Cussins a lot.

But really, Cussins was a nice bloke and a good boss until, certainly in football matters, 1974 when he was pretty much coerced into agreeing to Clough's arrival. Leslie Silver was a very different scenario.

My point was, back then none of the blazers were seen as anything more than that, were they ?
They weren't the focus.

Football's changed so much and it makes many people - myself included - sad to see .. it's gonna get even worse with a generation of fans only watching it from their armchairs.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

rigger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:Plenty of us liked Cussins a lot.

My point was, back then none of the blazers were seen as anything more than that, were they ?
They weren't the focus.

Football's changed so much and it makes many people - myself included - sad to see .. it's gonna get even worse with a generation of fans only watching it from their armchairs.
I know what your point was, Rigger, and to prove it I said ISR :D He mentioned anti-semitic which naturally is not accurate where many of us were, are concerned. I'm sure it did happen on the terraces etc - it still bloody does where Leeds Rhinos are concerned, quite incredible really.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I don't follow egg-chasing so I don't know what you mean ??

Are their anti-Jew songs at rugby then ??
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

rigger wrote:I don't follow egg-chasing so I don't know what you mean ??

Are their anti-Jew songs at rugby then ??
Maybe not chanting but a definite 'atmosphere' amongst certain teams' support, Castleford are well known for it and I've seen comments from a club's support much nearer to home. It's not up there with Spurs' 'nicknames' but it does exist.
sawadee
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by sawadee »

I too had no idea Rugby had these type of issues - pretty shocking really.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:... I've just been trying to think back to what it was like before Cellino, before GFH, before Bates, before Ridsdale's goldfish ..

I can't.

I can't honestly recall what life was like under Manny Cussins or Leslie Silver ... but I know the only thing we talked about were the team, the players and - only occasionally - the manager.
Same to be honest, it's almost as I wasn't alive before Risdale :D.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."