Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes: 12

Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Bravo Theresa May.... Good Speech almost Churchill like?? "what" :D

Just like my favourite comedy duo The Chuckle Brothers would say. Europe, to you, to me, to you. Lets see how friendly our European neighbours really are.

She underlined everything I wanted when I voted to leave. Now lets see how and if they can deliver on most of it!
I'm still none the wiser, mate. Can you explain in lay mans terms what's going to happen?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Personally I voted against brexit but accept the result as we are a democracy.
We need the best deal and although had my reservations about May I now think she could be the better than most other politicians (most are wet lettuces)to see us through this turbulent time.

Still expect higher inflation and plenty of issues with the break away.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Sniffer wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Bravo Theresa May.... Good Speech almost Churchill like?? "what" :D

Just like my favourite comedy duo The Chuckle Brothers would say. Europe, to you, to me, to you. Lets see how friendly our European neighbours really are.

She underlined everything I wanted when I voted to leave. Now lets see how and if they can deliver on most of it!
I'm still none the wiser, mate. Can you explain in lay mans terms what's going to happen?
We the Union, are to leave the European Union. No more Four Freedoms..... Countries around the world apparently queuing for trade.

Rule Britannia, Britannia Rules the Waves. We should be more patriotic like the Yanks and stand up at school and sing this before every register.

Just for you Sniffer, to reinvigorate your Britishness now were out of Europe....

No one does it better!
Deleted User 3289

David Davis setting out Britain's objectives. View from 7:14 onwards.

Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

"Rule Britannia, Britannia Rules the Waves. We should be more patriotic like the Yanks and stand up at school and sing this before every register." Gawd, no! Didn't you know that "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." (Samuel Johnson)?

" Countries around the world apparently queuing for trade." That's if you believe Boris Johnson (a descendent of the aforementioned Sam), a serial liar and, before the brexit campaign, he was pro-EU. He didn't expect to win which is why he looked so sheepish after the vote.

As for "We the Union", I'm not sure how long that's got either.

But thanks for the clip of the Proms. :thumbup:
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

can someone please explain the difference between being in the single market and being out of it but having full tariff free access to it.
Deleted User 3289

blackpool white wrote:can someone please explain the difference between being in the single market and being out of it but having full tariff free access to it.
Membership Of the Single Market means we have to except the Four Freedoms. Having Tariff free trade means negotiation a deal to have the same thing in principle, but without having to except the Four Freedoms.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sniffer wrote:"Rule Britannia, Britannia Rules the Waves. We should be more patriotic like the Yanks and stand up at school and sing this before every register." Gawd, no! Didn't you know that "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." (Samuel Johnson)?

" Countries around the world apparently queuing for trade." That's if you believe Boris Johnson (a descendent of the aforementioned Sam), a serial liar and, before the brexit campaign, he was pro-EU. He didn't expect to win which is why he looked so sheepish after the vote.

Re 'As for 'We the Union', I'm not sure how long that's got either. You are referring to the European Union?
I once played against Don Revie.
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

johnh wrote:
Sniffer wrote:"Rule Britannia, Britannia Rules the Waves. We should be more patriotic like the Yanks and stand up at school and sing this before every register." Gawd, no! Didn't you know that "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." (Samuel Johnson)?

Re 'As for 'We the Union', I'm not sure how long that's got either. You are referring to the European Union?
No, I was quoting VHTM, John, whom I assume was talking about the UK.
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
blackpool white wrote:can someone please explain the difference between being in the single market and being out of it but having full tariff free access to it.
Membership Of the Single Market means we have to except the Four Freedoms. Having Tariff free trade means negotiation a deal to have the same thing in principle, but without having to except the Four Freedoms.
yes, i know about the 4 freedoms...and in principle cannot be in the single market without them.....but isn't access to the single market the same as being in it.....so in effect we can stay in it, but call it access and then we do not have to accept the 4 freedoms.

So I ask again, are there other advantages of being in the single market as opposed to just having access to it.