Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes: 12

Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Post by Another Northern Soul »

But the Scots' behaviour isn't the PM's fault, whoever it is. The thing that really surprised me not long back was that Scotland voted against independence, as if they collectively lost their nerve. We only hear the argument that Scotland benefits more from EU membership than England, I wonder if there are any negatives for the Scots with EU membership?
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Tesco are on the ball. I was in the check-out queue this morning behind a German guy and the check-out lady asked him if he needed a hand packing.
I once played against Don Revie.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

To me it seems the United Kingdom is no longer United.

Scotland will look for Indyref 2 and there is also talk of Northern Ireland having a vote to Unite all Ireland.

That would leave England and Wales to get on with it.

The lily livered conservative's have got their wish, Lets hope it means their party breaks in two and they never have power over us again.

David Cameron must be joint top of the list with Margaret Thatcher as the two worst politicians of my Life, both have ruined the United Kingdom.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Image
:clap:
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

now a staggering 1,700,000 signatures ...
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Waiting for the petition that opposes the above petition to start.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Now if we can just get around another 15 million signatures we should be fine :D
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:To me it seems the United Kingdom is no longer United.

Scotland will look for Indyref 2 and there is also talk of Northern Ireland having a vote to Unite all Ireland.

The lily livered conservative's have got their wish, Lets hope it means their party breaks in two and they never have power over us again.
David Cameron must be joint top of the list with Margaret Thatcher as the two worst politicians of my Life, both have ruined the United Kingdom.
My thoughts exactly! - between them they have managed to divide and destroy this country - ironically, supposedly in the name of patriotism!
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:To me it seems the United Kingdom is no longer United.

You are correct SL in that cracks will appear in the UK in the coming months and years. The longer term, and more intractable issue will be in England itself which clearly is bitterly divided within itself. This referendum has caused a widening of existing splits in English society, between north and south (London in particular), between young and old, within the famous class system which has always been in England, within the Conservative Party and also now the Labour Party. Unless a common purpose or direction can be sold to all of England it's hard to see these fences being mended, even in the longer term. Also, any issues in the future can't be blamed on the EU or the "nasty foreigners", so people will look closer to home for the source of their woes - as they should have done all along.