Brussels Airport

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Brussels Airport

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:
isrodger wrote:We all should carry a DNA ID card & be vat registered - sod civil liberties ... Your only infringed if you have something to hide.
And yet I don't mind this idea per se and never have, even when Thatcher suggested it.
I'm instinctively against this as it feels like another tracking system with more than a hint of Apartheid era Pass Laws. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. Having said that, who goes out of the house without their (trackable) mobile phone?

But I can see how it could give a citoyen a feeling of belonging if we were all in it together (not that we ever are).
France has had such a system for as long as I can remember and they have a law that you must carry it with you at all times and you must also have one Euro (or one Franc back in the day) as well. It's a historic throwback to being a republic and your rights as a citizen within it.

And then there's this...
The trouble is, I think it would be another way for the Tories to eliminate one more level of society that would vote against them, just like the Poll Tax has turned out to be. You don't pay it, you save money but you also "don't exist" and can't vote.
Otherwise I totally agree.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

rigger wrote:
isrodger wrote:maybe there is justification for positive discrimination in terms of searching a public venues
No, there can never be justification for that in my opinion.
That's a massive step backwards and part of the problem, not the solution.
It's morally wrong, end of story.
It's also the thin end of a long wedge that ends with fascism

You know what intuitively I agree with you however, "profiling" is undertaken in most criminal areanas. In fact as football fans we are routinely subjected to stop and search so why not on the basis of colour @ an airport?
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

isrodger wrote:
rigger wrote:
isrodger wrote:maybe there is justification for positive discrimination in terms of searching a public venues

You know what intuitively I agree with you however, "profiling" is undertaken in most criminal areanas. In fact as football fans we are routinely subjected to stop and search so why not on the basis of colour @ an airport?
Perhaps we should have a badge system: a crescent moon for a Muslim, a star for a Jew ....
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Sniffer wrote:
isrodger wrote:
rigger wrote:

Perhaps we should have a badge system: a crescent moon for a Muslim, a star for a Jew ....
Not a bad call don't know why somebody hasn't already come up with the idea ....maybe the burka should be compulsory for both male & female Muslims!
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

isrodger wrote: My views are probably deemed racist
But, in this country at least, that's part of the problem. For example the authorities in Rotherham were too scared to address Pakistani grooming gangs for fear of being labelled 'racist', 'anti-islamic' etc. Saving their own backs at the expense of the poor girls who were victims and will continue to be all their lives. Turning a blind eye to unintegrated foreigners' wrongdoings at the expense of our own citizen's wellbeing is just WRONG. Weeding out this scum is not racism, it's necessary for the preservation of our way of life and societies values.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

mapperleywhite wrote:
isrodger wrote: My views are probably deemed racist
But, in this country at least, that's part of the problem. For example the authorities in Rotherham were too scared to address Pakistani grooming gangs for fear of being labelled 'racist', 'anti-islamic' etc. Saving their own backs at the expense of the poor girls who were victims and will continue to be all their lives. Turning a blind eye to unintegrated foreigners' wrongdoings at the expense of our own citizen's wellbeing is just WRONG. Weeding out this scum is not racism, it's necessary for the preservation of our way of life and societies values.
Your of course right. One other thing is the naivety in which we accept say Syrian asylum seekers. Now assuming non of these poor souls are ISIS sympathisers. It is fair to say a fair few over time will become disenfranchised with their lot over here and may become radicalised. It's not unreasonable to suspect a fair few will not conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, particululary around women as a result of their cultural background, and a fair few will be psychologically disturbed as a result of the horrors they have witnessed. If that is only 1 in ten we will be lucky, but that's a huge potential problem we are letting into the country, financially & from a security perspective, particularly when there are vast, religiously similar countries such as Saudi Arabia who claim they can not integrate Syrians into their culture. Crackers.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

rigger wrote:
isrodger wrote:... sadly the authorities are not prepared to bite the bullet to protect the majority.

What should they do then ?

Genuine question because I'm stumped ..
The sad thing is There is very little anyone can do if the Terrorists run a very tight ship and are determined to cause as much suffering to the people they target. The UK is probably more safer than anywhere else because of history of dealing with Bombs and threats on a daily basis over the years etc. Good intelligence is all we can rely on and a police state mentality not that it isn't like that as it is. Wars these days are not fought with Tanks and planes its fought by being discreet and intelligence gathering techniques. Atrocious what has happened in Brussels. all i can say is this planet has a lot less value on life. Another act of cowardice. I live in a place where i am surrounded by people who are of different religious beliefs and i still believe that 99.99% of people just want to get on with their lives to raise a family and get on with his/her neighbors.

R.I.P to the victims of all conflict especially innocent victims who don't care for wars or religious differences.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The suicide bombers were 2 brothers.

Winner of the Europa League
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

I also went to see London has fallen a couple of weeks ago and if you think about the core scenario of that movie too long it will petrify you. I cannot see how the authorities can prevent terrorists infiltrating security forces, the police, the ambulance service, and any other organisation. When it happens it would be quite possible for them to destroy large parts of any city on earth. Something draconian needs to be done before we reach that stage and the do gooders and personal freedom brigade have to be ignored, they need protecting from themselves.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

dlw10 wrote:I also went to see London has fallen a couple of weeks ago and if you think about the core scenario of that movie too long it will petrify you. I cannot see how the authorities can prevent terrorists infiltrating security forces, the police, the ambulance service, and any other organisation. When it happens it would be quite possible for them to destroy large parts of any city on earth. Something draconian needs to be done before we reach that stage and the do gooders and personal freedom brigade have to be ignored, they need protecting from themselves.
British police announced they'd thwarted 7 attempts at similar attacks in the last year, but are beginning to wonder when their luck will run out.

It's a faceless crime and you can't stop anyone who is determined to become a martyr.
I can almost understand kamikaze pilots flying into a battleship to protect their homeland, but this is on a completely different level altogether.

They really must be buying the BS about 40 virgins in the next life, or whatever shyte they're pedalling ..

Who wants a virgin anyway ? Gimme a MILF every day of the week .. :thumbdown: