Brussels Airport

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Brussels Airport

Post by dlw10 »

I was going to write about how I didn't understand how suicide bombers could walk to their deaths, even put a line in but then took it out again. As you say they clearly are so brain washed that they believe the 40 virgins stuff (I thought they came down from Inverness though with 20 others?) BUT then I thought about our own lads in our own army and they do a job where they must know that death is a possibility - when I think of them I am in total awe as I really don't think I'd have the bottle.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

dlw10 wrote:I was going to write about how I didn't understand how suicide bombers could walk to their deaths, even put a line in but then took it out again. As you say they clearly are so brain washed that they believe the 40 virgins stuff (I thought they came down from Inverness though with 20 others?) BUT then I thought about our own lads in our own army and they do a job where they must know that death is a possibility - when I think of them I am in total awe as I really don't think I'd have the bottle.
dlw10, when I was on jungle patrol in Malaya with West Yorkshire Regiment (1950's), you didn't think of the danger. 19 years old, daft as a brush, and thought you were John Wayne. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

dlw10 wrote:I was going to write about how I didn't understand how suicide bombers could walk to their deaths, even put a line in but then took it out again. As you say they clearly are so brain washed that they believe the 40 virgins stuff (I thought they came down from Inverness though with 20 others?) BUT then I thought about our own lads in our own army and they do a job where they must know that death is a possibility - when I think of them I am in total awe as I really don't think I'd have the bottle.
I believe there were 4-and-20 virgins from Inverness. Far fewer returned if my recollection is correct.
Suicide bombers are a mental mess. Soldiers know that death's a possibility but they'll do all they can to avoid it. The Norsemen out Viking believed that if they died with a sword in their hand they would get into Valhalla and would spend eternity drinking, fighting and ... enjoying the ladies. Similar, I suppose.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

I don't know if anyone saw the documentary on Saudi last night.... God that place is a powder keg once the oil drys up... It was like going back to the dark ages, one can only imagine the horror of living under sharia law. To give you an personal insight...they are football mad over their, biggest teams are Barca, Real & Scum. Fortunately I made sweets for all of them. Barca were by far the biggest, but we had to change the packaging, as the cross on the Barca shirt was offensive. Our marshmallow footballers were banned as only allah could make something in the form of man, and an 80ft messi / Barca poster in the centre of Riyadh was torn down again for having the club emblem on it. You hear horror stories of Pilipino maids being raped, beaten & killed. Haigh got off lightly in Dubai! Credit where credit is due, Farage made a fantastic speak condemning KSA - human rights, funding terrorism etc..... Personally I hope oil goes to $1 a barrel and the evil regime are left to go back to the dessert.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

That's the only time there'll be peace between the east and the west, when the oil runs out.
By then we won't care what happens over there and will have pulled out completely.

Of course we'll all be dead before that so we'll never know a peaceful middle east.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

A little late but London is now displaying the Belgian flag in support of Belguim.