Plans for Easter ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Plans for Easter ?

Post by Barlow Boy »

It's pure coincidence Sir John, honest ;)
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

I've been working today (the 5th 04:30 alarm call on the trot), off to the other half's in a couple of hours. We'll be dodging the rain somewhere tomorrow before we go to see a play in the evening. Sunday we're going to a Giant Flea Market in Somerset (I'm quite excited because I've not seen a giant flea before) followed by a family meal at her mother's. Monday we'll probably be dodging rain again and then I'm back to work on Tuesday night. Life is an actual social whirl. :|
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc. Davy, I presume you are off to the Giants Causeway? Don't forget to allow plenty of time for the traffic.
I once played against Don Revie.
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

just out of general interest ...
On today’s date exactly 10 YEARS AGO Reading finally got into the Premier League for the first time ever!

Viva 'Sir' Steve Coppell!!
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Davycc. Davy, I presume you are off to the Giants Causeway? Don't forget to allow plenty of time for the traffic.
Am there now John, in tent. It's something I saw on TV at the January sales, people camping out to get first in line. Hundreds here already, some have even brought cameras and video recorders as they say there's a better than usual chance of seeing the sun. Sunday between 1 and 1:30 is the best time apparently. Hope so brought the 9 year grandson who has never saw it before.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:Davycc. Davy, I presume you are off to the Giants Causeway? Don't forget to allow plenty of time for the traffic.
Am there now John, in tent. It's something I saw on TV at the January sales, people camping out to get first in line. Hundreds here already, some have even brought cameras and video recorders as they say there's a better than usual chance of seeing the sun. Sunday between 1 and 1:30 is the best time apparently. Hope so brought the 9 year grandson who has never saw it before.

:D :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Er, football for me still! Don't get many chances these days to get to see Worcester City but tomorrow (Sat) is one such chance. They play top of the table (Vanarama North) Solihull Moors. It is one of the last games they will play as tenant at Kidderminster Harriers ground as they have given notice they are moving out at the end of the season as the rent is too high! They as yet have not announced where they are going and there is still no agreement for the planning permission they are seeking to build a new ground in Worcester...not that they have the cash to build it anyway! Difficult times but this game is crucial to try to get something from as they lurk too close to the foot of the table.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Just back from a cruise so I won't be doing too much other than visiting family for the holiday although I will be watching the Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory game in the A league today (Saturday) and the Aussie Rules has started so I will sit back and have a few beers watching my Geelong take on Hawthorn on Monday.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.