Antique's Roadshow

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Antique's Roadshow

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

The progamme tonight is from Harrogate and features Gabby Logan and Eddie Gray with the Centenary FA Cup being valued.

The programme starts at 8pm on BBC One.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Antique's Roadshow

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Thanks for the tip off.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I watched that it was really interesting. Love the actual programme and it does throw up some very valuable stuff from time to time. Who can forget that Delph ( no not Fabian :D ) owl that Henry Sandon valued.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I'm a huge fan of this programme always have been. I thought the cup belonged to Leeds ? Love the knowledge that some of the experts have & their enthusiasm even after the years they have put in particularly Henry Sandon. Mind I also like Bargain Hunt, Antiques Road Trip, Phil Serrill reminds me of me ;) Cash in the Attic etc. Would certainly watch these than the dross of X Factor, Britains Got Talent etc.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I'm a huge fan of this programme always have been. I thought the cup belonged to Leeds ? Love the knowledge that some of the experts have & their enthusiasm even after the years they have put in particularly Henry Sandon. Mind I also like Bargain Hunt, Antiques Road Trip, Phil Serrill reminds me of me ;) Cash in the Attic etc. Would certainly watch these than the dross of X Factor, Britains Got Talent etc.
I would rather watch the adverts than X Factor or Britains Got Talent. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Love the knowledge that some of the experts have
I know what you mean NW, but I cannot help thinking that some googling gets done about the item/sculptor/painter etc prior to the viewer seeing the segment.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Love the knowledge that some of the experts have
I know what you mean NW, but I cannot help thinking that some googling gets done about the item/sculptor/painter etc prior to the viewer seeing the segment.
True but it wouldn't be much of a programme if, when asked, 'How much do you think it's worth?' the expert/professional says, 'No idea mate, I was hoping you could tell ME.'

:D :D :D

They could have at least shown some action from the 72 final but it was interesting all round, and informative.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another Northern Soul wrote: They could have at least shown some action from the 72 final but it was interesting all round, and informative.
More likely show something from '73 :D.

we all hate Leeds scum, we all hate Leeds scum, we all hate Leeds scum (repeat to fade............)
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Ha, very true. Gabby doesn't hate us though, and Fiona's alright too :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My last Boss is an exact double of Fiona Bruce, just thought I'd mention that :roll:
Winner of the Europa League