2016/17 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2016/17 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay‏ @PhilHayYEP · 3h3 hours ago
According to FA records, Doukara received a contract extension from #lufc on September 14, 2015, retaining him until June 2018.
Doukara had made exactly 30 club appearances by that stage and scored seven goals. #lufc
Interesting stuff on FA site. Says Bellusci's Leeds contract was cancelled by mutual consent on July 4, 2016, after he joined Empoli on loan
Bellusci had another year remaining at Leeds after this season. That rather suggests he won't be returning. #lufc
Liam Cooper, meanwhile, got a contract extension in July 2015. He's under until the end of next season too. #lufc
Similar thing with Tommaso Bianchi. When he joined Ascoli on loan in January 2016, his #lufc contract was actually severed
The agency that represents Bellusci says he is still officially on loan at Empoli with a view to a permanent move this summer. #lufc
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

You heart breaker i was looking forward to Bellusci being back !!!!!!!!!!!
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Saw Empoli on TV a few times against good opposition. Belluschi wasnt brilliant but didn't look out of place either. No headless chicken stuff or overhead kicks.
The Young Bremner
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by The Young Bremner »

Bellusci held his own with Catania in Seria A before Leeds and is doing well in Seria A this season with Empoli. I'm sure with more time he would be a quality defender for Championship level, the Seria A is completely different than the Championship but a higher level, nevertheless we don’t need him as our defensive partnership this season is the strongest we’ve had for years. Need to keep hold of Bartley next season.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

SiMamu wrote:
Phil Hay‏ @PhilHayYEP · 3h3 hours ago
According to FA records, Doukara received a contract extension from #lufc on September 14, 2015, retaining him until June 2018.
Doukara had made exactly 30 club appearances by that stage and scored seven goals. #lufc
Interesting stuff on FA site. Says Bellusci's Leeds contract was cancelled by mutual consent on July 4, 2016, after he joined Empoli on loan
Bellusci had another year remaining at Leeds after this season. That rather suggests he won't be returning. #lufc
Liam Cooper, meanwhile, got a contract extension in July 2015. He's under until the end of next season too. #lufc
Similar thing with Tommaso Bianchi. When he joined Ascoli on loan in January 2016, his #lufc contract was actually severed
The agency that represents Bellusci says he is still officially on loan at Empoli with a view to a permanent move this summer. #lufc
It's hardly important, but it appears that Phil Hay was confused over club contracts and registration to play in the EFL.
Leeky‏ @markdlee
@PhilHayYEP Are you sure this is regarding club contracts and not just registration to play in the EFL?

18h
Leeky‏ @markdlee
@PhilHayYEP I thought as much. Dropped a bollock there Phil.

Phil Hay‏ @PhilHayYEP

@markdlee yes, confirmed here that he's on loan and still under contract at LUFC
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I think it would be a mistake to write off Bellusci's contract as we'd probably get a fee for him.
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

SG90 wrote:I think it would be a mistake to write off Bellusci's contract as we'd probably get a fee for him.
I think Monk could have turned the guy into a decent defender,
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Bellusci was a hot head, but he could play and was a great passer of the ball. I don't think he'd get past Jansson and Bartley but if he had learned to calm down ( as Jansson seemingly has) then he could still have done a job for us. Like Jansson he could, if he had played it right, have become a real hero - the crowd loved him when he started. He just ballsed it up. Good luck to him at Empoli.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I took a punt and signed him on a free in my new save of FM16.
I started out with Orient then left after two seasons to manage Wigan, who barely stayed up at the end of this current season.
At first he was fine and playing very well as a ball-playing stopper, but I noticed his aggression was high - I never sign any players with a rating over 14 - but as he was averaging 7.10 I thought it was a good signing, given he was free.
Come January, having had time to evaluate the squad and with the team sitting in lower mid-table, he took the right hump when I sold one of the strikers. I assured him I'd be dipping into the transfer market to bring in a better player which I duly did, although because he was also a free transfer Bellusci didn't consider that enough and as soon as the transfer window closed at the end of January he demanded to speak to me about it.
We had a disagreement, his morale plummeted to "Very Poor", I instantly transfer listed him and sold him for £700k, though he can't leave till the summer.
He's now rotting in the reserves and I'm playing someone else in his place.

So .. er .. yeah .. we're best getting shot of him ;)
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Devious, manager undermining, number 2s stirring racist overhead air-kicking gobshite :D