VICTORIA WOOD RIP

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

VICTORIA WOOD RIP

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Shocked, Victoria Wood has died aged 62, of cancer apparently.

A great writer and performer.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: VICTORIA WOOD RIP

Post by dlw10 »

Re our comments on this thread already this year about the fact that thare appear to be lots of celebs dying off this year, My wife says it is official apparently, someone has done a study and there are indeed far mre celebs than usual coughing their cloggs so far this year!
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

That's no bloomin' age at all. Shocked to hear the news, I didn't know she was ill. She really will be missed. R.I.P
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

Really sad news this.
I, also, didn't know she was ill, but 62, for goodness sake, is no age at all. :thumbdown:

RIP to a very funny lady. :(
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

A truly talented all rounder whose writing skills made other artistes household names.
A very sad loss.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yeah, she was brilliant.

Dinnerladies is one seriously under-rated sitcom, but the musical stuff (which normally I'd hate) and her work with Julie Walters was all groundbreaking.

I always wondered if she could've had a serious music career too, a la Bette Midler .. I think the answer's yes.

RIP :cry:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Really sad news & no age.

RIP
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Horrible, horrible news!

When I was 19 and at Manchester Polytechnic (many moons ago), I went to give blood at the blood bank service. I was sat on the sofa and 5 minutes later this lady sat next to me. It was Victoria Wood. I wanted to do the big fan thing and tell her how brilliant I thought she was, but being the shy type, I just sat next to her for about 15 minutes, thinking to myself, 'I'm sat next to Victoria Wood in Manchester, waiting to give blood...Victoria Wood.... flippin' eck!!! Trying desperately to think of something witty to say!

I think she actually spoke to me, saying something quite normal like - It's a bit of a wait isn't it!

RIP Victoria.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Frankie wrote:Horrible, horrible news!

When I was 19 and at Manchester Polytechnic (many moons ago), I went to give blood at the blood bank service. I was sat on the sofa and 5 minutes later this lady sat next to me. It was Victoria Wood. I wanted to do the big fan thing and tell her how brilliant I thought she was, but being the shy type, I just sat next to her for about 15 minutes, thinking to myself, 'I'm sat next to Victoria Wood in Manchester, waiting to give blood...Victoria Wood.... flippin' eck!!! Trying desperately to think of something witty to say!

I think she actually spoke to me, saying something quite normal like - It's a bit of a wait isn't it!

RIP Victoria.
My better half "met" her in Dolcis shoe shop in Broadmead Shopping Centre in Bristol about 30 years ago. We'd seen her for the first time at the Hippodrome the day before. Alison's a big fan (even then - and has seen her several times since then) and she was torn between looking cool, respecting Victoria's privacy, and rushing up to her asking for an autograph. I think she just ended up standing there trembling. Bless her. :)
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

There was a TV programme on last night paying tribute to her, showed what an incredible talent she was.

RIP