Boxing Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Boxing Thread

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I have a feeling it's probably true. Madness as you say, he's always given off vibes that he his above the law in certain areas. Unfortunately for him it's possibly just caught up with him in the worst possible way. He won't be looking in the mirror for a while :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:He won't be looking in the mirror for a while :D
Well he won't see a good looking fella who doesn't look his age, that is for sure :wave:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Barlow Boy wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:He won't be looking in the mirror for a while :D
Well he won't see a good looking fella who doesn't look his age, that is for sure :wave:
The question is BB how much you been bunging the mirror. They will tell you anything for a smear of lipstick... :D
Deleted User 3289

The Bomber boxing tonight Tony Bellew. He's like marmite but he certainly knows how to talk a good fight up. The Luke Campbell v Derry Mathews should be a good bout aswell.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

The remote control will be busy tonight, flicking between that dancing and singing thing for the Mrs and the boxing and snooker for me.

I like Campbell, seems a real honest kid.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

No exactly what you mean BB the Mrs loves the singing one. I'm dispatched to watch it on the computer.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:No exactly what you mean BB the Mrs loves the singing one. I'm dispatched to watch it on the computer.
Yeah, I do go on SKY go on the i pad a lot when the boss is watching her stuff. We have the home cinema surround sound from the TV though so watching any sport is brilliant on it especially the boxing. The i pad is a poor substitute, but better than nothing.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Not exactly real boxing but and it's been out a few years but watched the boxing film with Russell Crowe in the other night "Cinderella Man". Tells the story of James J Braddock" thought up there with the best boxing films.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Still haven't watched it myself yet Selby. It's also been on my to watch list for a few years. Few people have recommended it. :thumbup:

Tony Bellew is a live wire but I had to agree with everything he said about David Haye last night. I also don't like the way Haye is manoeuvring his career so he can have one last big pay-check against Joshua. He needs to earn his chance in my book and he is a long way from doing that at this moment in time in his career. You can't fight 2 road sweepers and expect to jump the queue. Rumour now is he doesn't want to fight Shannon Briggs at 44 who is well past his best.

Obviously just my opinion tho. :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I thought the whole episode of Bellew giving it big licks to Haye from the ring was embarrassing, appreciate he's all hyped up etc, but that was poor for me. Haye did well in the circumstances, and I hope he takes up the challenge.

Good win for Campbell :thumbup: