Room 101

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Room 101

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Here's a one to cause controversy but it's dog owners. If I'm walking along the tow path and some huge dog comes running up to me snarling and barking I just freeze until the owner casually walks up to me and tells said pooch off and then tells me he/she was only playing. Playing how the hell can that be called playing ? Please dog owners keep your pampered pooches on leads and let others enjoy their walk in peace.
Winner of the Europa League
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Here's a one to cause controversy but it's dog owners. If I'm walking along the tow path and some huge dog comes running up to me snarling and barking I just freeze until the owner casually walks up to me and tells said pooch off and then tells me he/she was only playing. Playing how the hell can that be called playing ? Please dog owners keep your pampered pooches on leads and let others enjoy their walk in peace.
Agreed, but it's not just dog owners is it? At least most dog owners take their pet's muck home. Cat owners though, they let their animals roam around everyone else's garden leaving carefully hidden piles of muck in your flower beds. How can anyone believe it's ok to send your pet out to dump in someone else's garden - we also get it in the garage (cats are clever and recognise a warm spot) and my neighbour, who was foolish enough to leave his window down had it in his car). Cat owners gotta go in the fire and the govt needs to act. Cats should stay in the house or go out on leads. Cat flaps should be illegal.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

That's me in Room 101 then.

Don't see how as a cat owner I can educate a cat where it shits when it goes out for a wander about. :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Sheepy wrote:That's me in Room 101 then.
Can I pull the handle ? Can I :lol:
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Sheepy wrote:That's me in Room 101 then.
Can I pull the handle ? Can I :lol:
Watch it or I'll set the dog on you :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Here's a one to cause controversy but it's dog owners.
Looks like I'm joining you Sheepy, as I am one of these :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Mellor wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Here's a one to cause controversy but it's dog owners. If I'm walking along the tow path and some huge dog comes running up to me snarling and barking I just freeze until the owner casually walks up to me and tells said pooch off and then tells me he/she was only playing. Playing how the hell can that be called playing ? Please dog owners keep your pampered pooches on leads and let others enjoy their walk in peace.
Agreed, but it's not just dog owners is it? At least most dog owners take their pet's muck home. Cat owners though, they let their animals roam around everyone else's garden leaving carefully hidden piles of muck in your flower beds. How can anyone believe it's ok to send your pet out to dump in someone else's garden - we also get it in the garage (cats are clever and recognise a warm spot) and my neighbour, who was foolish enough to leave his window down had it in his car). Cat owners gotta go in the fire and the govt needs to act. Cats should stay in the house or go out on leads. Cat flaps should be illegal.
That's just ridiculous. Cats' necks aren't strong enough to support a lead and one of the advantages of having a cat is that they can walk themselves. Cat owners can have litter trays but it doesn't mean the cats'll use it unless it's cold or raining or snowing or there are fireworks. Cats only real go on wanderings during their youth and eventually grow out of it. Just be thankful that you don't wake up to a killing zone of a garden every morning like I do - much worse than a garden of number 2s.

But perhaps I'm getting a little defensive as I have 8 cats....
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

SiMamu wrote: But perhaps I'm getting a little defensive as I have 8 cats....
Seriously? :shock:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

SiMamu wrote:
But perhaps I'm getting a little defensive as I have 8 cats....
Very tempted to abuse my mod powers and change your user name to Pussy Galore :thumbup:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Sheepy wrote:
SiMamu wrote: But perhaps I'm getting a little defensive as I have 8 cats....
Seriously? :shock:
Yes. 4 or 5 more than would be preferable but my mum went a bit cat-mad in the summer of 2009. Went and got 7 new cats after losing 3 or 4 and not replacing over the past few years beforehand.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."