Southern meet-up ??

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Southern meet-up ??

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hey everyone

I've just come back from meeting John (forum name : johnh) for lunch in a pub opposite Jane Austen's house near Alton in Hampshire.
It's about a 45-minutes drive from my place in Southampton and his in Maidenhead.

I think it was his first time as a "net meeting", where you meet someone you know on the internet for real.
I've done it a few times now and have firm friends from other forums that I've known for years, and in fact I think Sheepy and I first met about ten to fifteen years ago in Leeds at a group meet-up for another (lesser) Leeds fans site.

It was great to finally meet John and we both came away wondering if we could tempt a few others into meeting up ?
Twenty years ago I would probably have suggested a riotous night out after a match but these days I think lunch is a bit more realistic, so the question is are there any southern-based people in here who would like to meet in the flesh ?

Or if you prefer a riotous night out I could probably be tempted .. either way, let us know in here if you're up for it :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Southern meet-up ??

Post by Selby White »

Good stuff, not southern based but likely to be in the area at some stage in the future and would give you a shout when I am.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

This is all very well, but don't they talk funny down there? :o :oops: :D ;)
Deleted User 728

John's originally from Merseyside so you could sit next to him if you're worried you might catch Received Pronunciation from me ;)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I've met several members from here in person, (I might be slightly behind DLW in the who have you met stakes :D ), and it's great to meet people face to face as it were.

Fortunately :D, I'm a Northern based fan but would urge anyone who can to meet up :thumbup:.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Really good idea by rigger, hope we get a good response. We had an excellent day. I mentioned to him that I once got changed in the home dressing room at ER in the old stand that got burned down in 1956. Did anyone else on here ever get changed in there. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Really good idea by rigger, hope we get a good response. We had an excellent day. I mentioned to him that I once got changed in the home dressing room at ER in the old stand that got burned down in 1956. Did anyone else on here ever get changed in there. :D
Nope. I did once get changed (from naked ) on the front steps of Stormont Parliament Buildings if that's any good.

Really good idea this re meeting up. I really do plan to get over to games and would love to meet up.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

I've got lifelong friends from doing it years back with folk from the other forum.
If/when I ever move up to Leeds I know I'll have a social life already organised :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Had a meet up from another forum at the cricket at The Oval last Monday 16 turned up & it was a cracking day as we spent the vast majority of the time in the pub due to the adverse weather conditions. I've met several off of here & can vouch for everyone of them all great people.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Hope rigger's suggestion doesn't die a death. Let's make it happen.
I once played against Don Revie.