Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by PC71 »

Yes, Matt Smith
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

SPANISH ;) Thomas Christiansen sacked after one season in Belgian club. He seems like a nice guy, I just don’t think, he has “it” to coach a team?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

John Dane wrote:SPANISH ;) Thomas Christiansen sacked after one season in Belgian club. He seems like a nice guy, I just don’t think, he has “it” to coach a team?
Think you could be right.
My thoughts are that he could be a good number two but he's not a natural No1. Teams under him here looked to play decent football but without any real spark that a good motivator would give.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 10180

Post by Deleted User 10180 »

Selby White wrote:
John Dane wrote:SPANISH ;) Thomas Christiansen sacked after one season in Belgian club. He seems like a nice guy, I just don’t think, he has “it” to coach a team?
My thoughts are that he could be a good number two but he's not a natural No1. Teams under him here looked to play decent football but without any real spark that a good motivator would give.
I agree, He is and was a really nice chap. For me he was a bit too soft spoken for a first team coach/manager, that's not to say players dislike or even disrespect him, I just feel that he doesn't command that extra bit that a top coach needs to motivate his players during a game. There has to be that bit of a rough diamond about a head coach especially with all the footballing ego's in a team. He doesn't have that unfortunately.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Shame really isn't it?, he has it but needs that nasty side to him. Maybe a run as a number 2 might give the confidence to do a top job in the future.

No where near the worst we have ever had just needed some more hardened experience before he came.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

CorkWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:
I agree, He is and was a really nice chap. For me he was a bit too soft spoken for a first team coach/manager, that's not to say players dislike or even disrespect him, I just feel that he doesn't command that extra bit that a top coach needs to motivate his players during a game. There has to be that bit of a rough diamond about a head coach especially with all the footballing ego's in a team. He doesn't have that unfortunately.
I used to think that. And then along came Sven Goran Eriksson and tipped my world upside down. Although i guess the ladies certainly thought Sven had that bit of rough about him. ;)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Jack Clarke still not getting a game for QPR what’s happened to the lad ?
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Jack Clarke still not getting a game for QPR what’s happened to the lad ?
He was never the same after the Middlesbrough incident for me, looks like we got a decent deal out of that one.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

Thomas Christiansen appointed new head coach of the national team in Panama.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

John Dane wrote:Thomas Christiansen appointed new head coach of the national team in Panama.
Wish the fella the best of luck. Just wasn't the man to push us on, liked him though.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders