Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Ex-Player Watch

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Daz5 wrote:Still a Villa player i think , they tried to sell him to glasgow rangers yesterday but it didnt happen ,, so hes up for loan..............any takers !!!!!!!!!
Will remain a Villa player until January transfer window as the loan system is also closed.

No loan deals done outwith the transfer window is the new rule starting this season.

Basically you can sign on loan only in the Summer transfer window which has just closed.
Last edited by SCOTTISH LEEDS on 01 Sep 2017, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Not in January ??
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

rigger wrote:Not in January ??
Yes you can get loan players in the January window.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:So you're all saying Byram, Taylor and less so Cook are all rubbish now? :D
Of course not :D, good players, but as Frankie says the grass is not always greener etc, admittedly they will have bigger lawns now with the increased pay packets.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:So you're all saying Byram, Taylor and less so Cook are all rubbish now? :D
Of course not :D, good players, but as Frankie says the grass is not always greener etc, admittedly they will have bigger lawns now with the increased pay packets.
That grass isn't always greener cliche implies that the players in this instance were actively seeking moves away. I think we all know that that is far from the truth with any of them, even Taylor until the end. Chris Wood is the one who was 100% wanting to move and he doesn't seem to get many such jibes aimed at him :angel:

Mowatt will be remembered for scoring some superb goals but most of us felt he needed to push on. Sad but I'm happy enough for him if he manages to continue his career as a player. Byram's been a disappointment for WHU I suspect, McCormack's gone off the rails which, for a Championship player, is just a shame and sad. I watched Taylor in his debut and honestly thought he looked more than decent. Cook I've hardly seen but just about everyone reckons he will make a big success for himself.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Not sure I said that. I said Mowatt wasn't good enough when we sold him and got shot down on Twitter. Byram, I never felt was good enough for the PL, as he flattered to deceive after the season he had under Colin and I wasn't too bothered when he left. Cook has lost a year of development and another year of the odd League Cup appearance for Bournemouth reserves while sat in the stands every Saturday, will just push him back further. I cant help but look at Simon Walton, who was a regular at 17, then moved to PL, never got a chance and fell down the leagues after numerous loans. I'm hoping the same doesn't happen to Cook, as he's too talented to go to waste. Taylor is 24 now and can't afford a season sat on the bench, but he's got a job to do to remove Stephen Ward from the Burnley team. I just think those three players won't fulfill the potential they could have had. We overhype academy players too quickly and they say they will all play for England, but only Rose, Milner, Lennon and Delph have done in the last 15 years or so.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Notice the :D at the end of my question, mate?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Did Walton go a Prem League club? Blimey I don't remember that. He always had lead in his boots but I remember someone telling me about his first unofficial game, a friendly v Valencia at ER I think, he said he was 'immense' and a sure bet for future glory.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

He went to Charlton but never made an appearance. He's now at Sutton!
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

SG90 wrote:He went to Charlton but never made an appearance. He's now at Sutton!
Easy mistake to make, forgetting about them :lol:

Is his sister still playing in Women's Football, do you know? He's still a big Leeds fan I believe.