Disastrous

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Disastrous

Post by zigzag »

I think had we been mid table all season and climbed to 7th by seasons end then we would all have been feeling positive. However having been in the top 6 from late November to drop out of those positions with a couple of games to go has dampened the mood considerably.

So for me has the season been
Disaster - no
Overall an improvement and exceeding expectations - yes
Bitterly disappointing end - yes
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Although looking likely we have not finished 7th yet, maybe the season will throw us another and more positive twist.
It's a funny old game ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

zigzag wrote:I think had we been mid table all season and climbed to 7th by seasons end then we would all have been feeling positive. However having been in the top 6 from late November to drop out of those positions with a couple of games to go has dampened the mood considerably.

So for me has the season been
Disaster - no
Overall an improvement and exceeding expectations - yes
Bitterly disappointing end - yes
Perfect summary. :thumbup:
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

sawadee2 wrote:I would have taken 7th before the start of this season!
Garry & Pep have this season given us a taste of what is possible on a very meagre budget and boy was it delicious!
They board must surely now back them with the funds required to push on and win this league next season.
How anybody can say they would have taken 7th at the start of is demented-may as well say I would have taken 17th-you get sod all for coming 7th pal-up your expectations for Christ sake
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

swindonwhite wrote:
sawadee2 wrote:I would have taken 7th before the start of this season!
Garry & Pep have this season given us a taste of what is possible on a very meagre budget and boy was it delicious!
They board must surely now back them with the funds required to push on and win this league next season.
How anybody can say they would have taken 7th at the start of is demented-may as well say I would have taken 17th-you get sod all for coming 7th pal-up your expectations for Christ sake
Just as a matter of interest SW, where did you think the club would finish this season? I think he his just being honest. I'm viewing the season as a decent one considering all the recent turmoil at the club and our mid-table budget. Now us fans have seen some light again this season, it's important we build on the foundations in place. A backward step from here would be a disaster!
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

Top six-leeds have been in turmoil for 13 years-still have a good crop of young players coming through- good keeper-player of the season for me- best back four we have had in 10 years-pacey fullbacks-lot of options in midfield-pacey wingers a plenty which we have never had-lost it in attack woods been class but support should have been brought in- in the window if we had brought 2 -3 players like the teams above us did then I guarantee play offs if not automatic promotion-can anyone argue that
Deleted User 3289

swindonwhite wrote:Top six-leeds have been in turmoil for 13 years-still have a good crop of young players coming through- good keeper-player of the season for me- best back four we have had in 10 years-pacey fullbacks-lot of options in midfield-pacey wingers a plenty which we have never had-lost it in attack woods been class but support should have been brought in- in the window if we had brought 2 -3 players like the teams above us did then I guarantee play offs if not automatic promotion-can anyone argue that
I appreciate all that but he said start of season. All the above was yet to be revealed. I personally thought players such as Ayling & Green were just more second-hand low budget rubbish at the start of the season. Glad to say they proved me wrong. The only quality player I thought we may have was Roofe, (shows I know nothing about football eh) :D
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

Eh hello-we had all of the squad at the start of the season-they did not suddenly appear in Garrys Monks Christmas stocking-although 2 good strikers should have
Deleted User 3289

swindonwhite wrote:Eh hello-we had all of the squad at the start of the season-they did not suddenly appear in Garrys Monks Christmas stocking-although 2 good strikers should have
Didn't we lose afew games before Pontus arrived?
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

yeah one player-thing is take the loanees out next season and pleyers will be leaving I just do not see the club investing for the new season-I don't see this season is something to build on-it may be another 12 years before we have another chane like the one we had this year-am listening to leeds now but do not give a toss about the result-just feel sick about what we thrown away this season