What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote: I know with an Indian curry, it tastes better the day after as the sauce and spices etc, soak into the meat/veg overnight. It was on a television programme regarding Indian cooking.

We get Indian takeaways from a regular place, and the portions are way too big for us so we spread them over two nights. Always better the day after.
Our Indian takeaway is the same lasts us 2 nights as well, portions are just too big for us. The older I've become I've turned into a grazer. Eat at 18:30 & at 20:00 make myself a sandwich or 2. I've told the wife that we need to buy a takeaway tonight to have tomorrow.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Just had a Sirloin (2 for £7 from ASDA, MaGees Butchers, super value) with a portion of pepper sauce. Served with skinny chip cooked in an air fryer (if you don't have one put it on the list of must haves) mushrooms, tobacco onions (shop bought) and green beans.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Tobacco onions? I saw something similar on The Simpsons a few years back.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just been into Maidenhead. The only reason I go into town is to have a haircut so after that I popped into M&S and got some stuff for the freezer. Kept one out to have this evening. Gastropub beef in Yorkshire pudding. Will have it with new pots, green beans and broccoli. Plus obligatory glass of red. Also got a fresh fruit salad (pineapple, kiwi fruit and strawberries) which will count as my weekly nod to 'healthy living'.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

2 slices of cold pizza and a glass of red - did just fine on this occasion
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just bought a joint of lamb, so it's roast lamb, cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, swede, gravy & mint sauce here later. We don't have roast dinners that often so this is a treat.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Got some fillet steak. New pots, green beans and broccoli. M&S fruit salad for pudding. Glass of red goes without saying.

Mind you, if I didn't live so far away, I would put it in the freezer and try and blag an invite to NW's for that roast lamb. Sounds good!
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Had a Sunday brunch earlier & having tried the their tomato ketchup we tried the brown sauce, twas delicious :D

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

As the wife's away till approximately 9pm I've been a busy lad doing myself a sausage casserole & cauliflower cheese for my dinner later. Before anyone asks the potatoes are in the casserole :D

Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I made chilli prawn, carrot and tomato soup yesterday as a pescetarian friend was coming over.

Like a lot of things I "create" in the kitchen, it was the first time I tried it and it tasted really good.
The only thing better ?
Having it for lunch today because there's no hassle - just heat it up and enjoy :D