What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by Selby White »

Been out eating decent nosh all weekend so tonight its simply stuff we have in, Bacon, Beans, tomato and a jacket spud.

Lovely :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Steak and kidney pie, new pots, broccoli and green beans. Glass of Malbec.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just back from the shops & I'm going to try doing a couple of these bad boys with me casserole :D

Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Not tonight but last Friday we had one of the best meals of all time at a restaurant called Guddi & Gikki which served traditional Punjabi cuisine which was different & delicious. We would actually travel back to Taunton just to eat at this establishment, yes it was that good.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Not tonight but last Friday we had one of the best meals of all time at a restaurant called Guddi & Gikki which served traditional Punjabi cuisine which was different & delicious. We would actually travel back to Taunton just to eat at this establishment, yes it was that good.
Is that a new restaurant NW ? Can't remember it, spent a bit of time in Taunton in early 2016 and looking at Google maps will have walked past it many times.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Was in York this morning so on way home decided to have a Toby Carvery. Pork for me and Turkey for Mrs SW.

Just a sarnie tonight.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Not tonight but last Friday we had one of the best meals of all time at a restaurant called Guddi & Gikki which served traditional Punjabi cuisine which was different & delicious. We would actually travel back to Taunton just to eat at this establishment, yes it was that good.
Is that a new restaurant NW ? Can't remember it, spent a bit of time in Taunton in early 2016 and looking at Google maps will have walked past it many times.
It was definitely there last year we couldn't get a table so booked up over a month ago.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:
It was definitely there last year we couldn't get a table so booked up over a month ago.
Was two years ago I spent around a few 2 week stints down in Taunton house sitting, looking on google maps its on the pedestrian bit of the High Street (sometimes a few market stalls there), we often came into town through Vivary Park across the road at the top of that street so reckon must have passed it a good few times.

Good to know though we do occasionally go back down to visit Mrs SW's brother who has moved back there.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Selby White wrote:
Was two years ago I spent around a few 2 week stints down in Taunton house sitting, looking on google maps its on the pedestrian bit of the High Street (sometimes a few market stalls there), we often came into town through Vivary Park across the road at the top of that street so reckon must have passed it a good few times.

Good to know though we do occasionally go back down to visit Mrs SW's brother who has moved back there.
That's exactly where it is, as I say you would need to book well in advance. We booked for 19:15 & it was packed when we went in. The menu is small but there's something for everyone on it. Even the poppadom dips were different spicy pineapple, spicy mango chutney & spiced beetroot. There was 3 of us & even though there doesn't appear a lot we still couldn't finish what we had ordered despite a valiant attempt :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:

That's exactly where it is, as I say you would need to book well in advance. We booked for 19:15 & it was packed when we went in. The menu is small but there's something for everyone on it. Even the poppadom dips were different spicy pineapple, spicy mango chutney & spiced beetroot. There was 3 of us & even though there doesn't appear a lot we still couldn't finish what we had ordered despite a valiant attempt :D
Thanks NW, will actually mention it to Mrs SW's brother as he's still learning the best places, he moved to Taunton a year or so ago (ended up buying the house we were looking after).