What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just back from Marks and Spenser and bought some chicken flatties in a smoky barbecue sauce. We will have home made chips and coleslaw with them. Followed by a sticky toffee pudding and custard.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Gammon steak, fried egg, jacket potato, peas and a pineapple relish.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just put a beef stew in the slow cooker will have dumplings ( I love dumplings :D ) mashed potatoes and cabbage with it.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Just put a beef stew in the slow cooker will have dumplings ( I love dumplings :D ) mashed potatoes and cabbage with it.
How do you do your dumplings Chilly?
I love them too, but use a very basic recipe from my childhood. Even calling it a recipe is pushing it. Flour, water, mixed herbs, salt.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

kk white wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:Just put a beef stew in the slow cooker will have dumplings ( I love dumplings :D ) mashed potatoes and cabbage with it.
I love them too, but use a very basic recipe from my childhood. Even calling it a recipe is pushing it. Flour, water, mixed herbs, salt.
How do they turn out kk ? They are one of the things that just don't work for me!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

kk white wrote:
We cheat and buy a mix but they’re still tasty ;)
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Just cleaned 2 nice sized rock fish I caught this morning.
4 bags of fillets, 4 meals for Wife and myself. Leaving it up to her, think it will be fish and chips tonight.
Next ones I get will be cleaned and frozen whole for when I have time to make a chowder.
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

We're having one of our favourites crispy duck, pancakes and hoisin sauce. It's an excellent product from Lidl, although if you do buy it I'd some decent hoisin (eg Lee Kum Kee) because the one supplied is rather industrial.

If we've got room we'll be steaming some har gouw - prawn dim sum which are just heavanly.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
kk white

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:
kk white wrote:
How do they turn out kk ? They are one of the things that just don't work for me!
I luv 'em, but thousands wouldn't. Use plain flour for a real thick, heavy dumpling. Use self raising for lighter fluffier.
I couldn't tell you amounts. Just keep adding water and flour till you get a consistency where you can roll it into balls.
I boil them in a separate pot until they start floating, then add to stew.

TBH, I wouldn't serve them to a guest, but I love munching into them :D
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Roast chicken, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, swede, cabbage, peas, stuffing, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, Yorkshire pudding and loads of gravy