New manager - What are the expectations?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: New manager - What are the expectations?

Post by Shadwell White »

Sniffer wrote:If he can sort out the defence and the discipline, maybe make Forshaw captain and have a back-up plan for when games aren't going for us then I don't see why we couldn't make the play-offs. Having said that, I'm wildly optimistic and predict a 4-0 win every game. :)
bang on, make a statement make Forshaw captain, don't leave it to the players to choose their mates.
Hope the fans support him and the club support him with the defence. It will be a few weeks before we hopefully see the best eleven playing together, he just needs to find a quick fix to stop us getting beat by sunday morning lump it forward teams i.e Cardiff and millwall
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sniffer wrote: ... maybe make Forshaw captain
Agree 100% with this.
Cooper's not a leader and shouldn't be captain as he wouldn't always be in the team if I was picking it.

Forshaw sounds a good pick to me, too.
It's gotta be someone 25+ who will play every game and he's got experience at this level.

I'm really hoping that the new manager bounce sees us through a couple of games where we won't have our strongest squad available too - that could be a big factor in where we end up and may well prove to be a (jammy) stroke of genius on AR's part.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

:roll:

:lol:
Winner of the Europa League
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

Expectations? Not great really.

There'll be some "reaction" to the changes but the inherent problems that undermined Thomas Christiansen remain.

I hope we won't continue to slide and end up looking over our shoulders. I would like to see us rally and try to get a play-off slot but this seems unlikely.
In truth I don't really know what to expect of this new management team or how they might work out at Leeds. I suppose after all the previous disappointments I've learned not to expect anything.

See how it goes and hope for the best, but I wouldn't expect anything significant to develop, not in the near future.
One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

rigger wrote: I'm really hoping that the new manager bounce sees us through a couple of games where we won't have our strongest squad available too - that could be a big factor in where we end up and may well prove to be a (jammy) stroke of genius on AR's part.
That's my hope too for the next few games against teams above us. Get a bit of a run (lucky or not) and maybe a bit of confidence will return.
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Wouldnt have been my first choice, but he here now, and Im 100% behind him and the team, and he really cant be worse than quite a number of other managers we've had. He wants to be sucessful, we want him to be sucessful, so lets see what he can do.

Expectations - I dont see the playoffs as realistic this year now, and I feel we may be lucky to end up in the top half. I want to see pride and fight in the team (not that kind fight Messers Berardi, OKane, Cooper, Saiz), I want to see us take the game to perceived weaker opposition and not get bullied by the likes of Millwall & Cardiff, I want to see flexibility in formations, better substitutions, but most of all I want to see some evidence of improvement between now and the seasons end, something to build on, to give us hope that we can be contenders.
Karolkarol
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Karolkarol »

Set a solid foundation and become hard to beat again. With our plethora of creative players things won't always come off but if we're not shipping 3 or 4 at the other end we'll still pick up points with the odd 1-0 here and there.

We've got quality going forward but our discipline and defensive shape of late has been utterly dreadful.
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

Expectations? Not sure tbh..

18 month. The club are looking at next season clearly but after that?

If he lasts 18 months then is it another new manager?

Will the player recruitment side of things change?

I'm just expecting what we've had for the past few seasons i guess.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Great

As Charles said.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Davycc wrote:Great

As Charles said.
It took me a Dickens of a long time to work out what you were on about there. :D