2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby SG90 » 13 Jan 2019, 18:30

DominanceUK wrote:
SiMamu wrote:According to Alan Nixon from the Sun, we want either Dan James permanently or Jefferson Montero on loan from Swansea - both wingers.


Neither are good enough for this side, IMO.

I think Montero would be an excellent addition as a loanee. Pace to burn and completed more take ons than Clarke so far this season, but he has been injured a lot so another risk. Never heard of James, so not sure he's better than what we have.

But Alan Nixon is never right about Leeds, so probably nothing in it.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3490
Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 19:58

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby DominanceUK » 13 Jan 2019, 18:42

SG90 wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
SiMamu wrote:According to Alan Nixon from the Sun, we want either Dan James permanently or Jefferson Montero on loan from Swansea - both wingers.


Neither are good enough for this side, IMO.

I think Montero would be an excellent addition as a loanee. Pace to burn and completed more take ons than Clarke so far this season, but he has been injured a lot so another risk. Never heard of James, so not sure he's better than what we have.

But Alan Nixon is never right about Leeds, so probably nothing in it.


All his appearances have been from the bench, that in itself speaks volumes. Seen him a few times, ur right SG, he has pace to burn but so often, his end product is poor. MB said in his last presser that he would only want players who are currently better than what we have, if we we're to sign Jefferson then Orta needs a new pair of glasses! I, like you, haven't heard of James.
DominanceUK
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman
 
Posts: 948
Joined: 11 Aug 2014, 16:33

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Barlow Boy » 13 Jan 2019, 19:46

Casilla on the bench for Real Madrid tonight.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 6225
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby lufctrav » 14 Jan 2019, 09:21

If i understand right, Leeds will be buying Kiko Casilla's contract.
lufctrav
Brian McDermott's optician
 
Posts: 233
Joined: 23 Feb 2011, 11:43

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby ChilwellWhite » 14 Jan 2019, 11:29

Latest from Phil Hay. We are contemplating a bid for Daniel James of Swansea, the Casilla move is still on and are hopeful he will sign in time for the Swansea game.
User avatar
ChilwellWhite
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: 29 Dec 2014, 18:12

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Barlow Boy » 14 Jan 2019, 12:00

ChilwellWhite wrote:Latest from Phil Hay. We are contemplating a bid for Daniel James of Swansea, the Casilla move is still on and are hopeful he will sign in time for the Swansea game.

Presumably, he means the Stoke game as the Swansea game is not until 13th February.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 6225
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby SCOTTISH LEEDS » 14 Jan 2019, 12:15

lufctrav wrote:If i understand right, Leeds will be buying Kiko Casilla's contract.


Indeed going by this tweet from Guillem Balague:-


Guillem Balague
‏Verified account @GuillemBalague
Jan 13

By the way, the cost of the transfer.... £0!! Well done again to the technical secretary of @LUFC
User avatar
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3499
Joined: 13 Nov 2013, 18:53
Location: Heckmondwike

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby saihtam » 14 Jan 2019, 12:20

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
lufctrav wrote:If i understand right, Leeds will be buying Kiko Casilla's contract.


Indeed going by this tweet from Guillem Balague:-


Guillem Balague
‏Verified account @GuillemBalague
Jan 13

By the way, the cost of the transfer.... £0!! Well done again to the technical secretary of @LUFC


Buying out contract then means that we just take their contract over, pay nothing to real and continue to pay the same amount of salary he had in Real?
saihtam
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor
 
Posts: 106
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 07:01

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby TezzaWazzaBazza » 14 Jan 2019, 12:21

DominanceUK wrote:Said it before, I'll say it again, we don't need anybody. This team/squad will continue to improve, the injured players will come back and give us an helping hand. I'm not sure how many times we play in midweek between now and the end of the season, 2 or 3 perhaps, off the top of my head. Cooper coming back is massive.

We will have more injuries, so we need depth.
TezzaWazzaBazza
David O'Leary's baby-sitter
 
Posts: 744
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 11:42

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Leonickroberts » 14 Jan 2019, 14:55

saihtam wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
lufctrav wrote:If i understand right, Leeds will be buying Kiko Casilla's contract.


Indeed going by this tweet from Guillem Balague:-


Guillem Balague
‏Verified account @GuillemBalague
Jan 13

By the way, the cost of the transfer.... £0!! Well done again to the technical secretary of @LUFC


Buying out contract then means that we just take their contract over, pay nothing to real and continue to pay the same amount of salary he had in Real?


Probably likely to pay off Real in a lump sum or a few short instalments (i.e. akin to a transfer fee). Wonder what salary he'll be on?

Weirdly there are still strong rumours doing the rounds of Fraser Forster and Emiliano Martinez.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
User avatar
Leonickroberts
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert
 
Posts: 685
Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 08:16

PreviousNext

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PhoenixUnited and 3 guests