2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I was really hoping that Dallas wouldn't be used at full-back again tbh. He's more interested in attacking than defending. Out of the three possibilities, Dallas, Shack, Pearce i would give the latter the nod as that's his natural position, albeit the opposite side. Unfortunately MB didn't get to watch any footage of Coyle and sent the lad back to Fleetwood. Is he good enough for the Championship? I'm not sure we will find out as this would be the perfect opportunity for the lad in his natural position. When he returns he will probably start behind Ayling & Berardi again and will be sold on.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Probably going to get stick for saying this but I think RV would have made a beast of a RWB. Bielsa played him there in one of the pre-season games. Quick enough, solid in the tackle, decent in possession and given the right backing I feel would have been good going forward.

I think the injuries we have had are proving that we do not have the quality in depth to sustain a promotion campaign. If we get more lucky with out injuries we can stay up there but we have missed every player who has been injured so far and that tells its own story.

Just as Roofe & Pablo have come back in, Ayling, Berardi & Douglas have gone out of the team. It has made our performances dip which in turn has seen our results dip.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I was really hoping that Dallas wouldn't be used at full-back again tbh. He's more interested in attacking than defending. Out of the three possibilities, Dallas, Shack, Pearce i would give the latter the nod as that's his natural position, albeit the opposite side. Unfortunately MB didn't get to watch any footage of Coyle and sent the lad back to Fleetwood. Is he good enough for the Championship? I'm not sure we will find out as this would be the perfect opportunity for the lad in his natural position. When he returns he will probably start behind Ayling & Berardi again and will be sold on.
Dallas is an honest grafter and a trier. There are instances when he will do something really good. However, in the Championship all that gets a player in the Championship is to be a squad player in a medium level team at best. The other thing against the guy is that he is really only good for about 30 minutes in each half before he runs out of steam.

Such as it is, Dallas should not be playing in the defence. He will do his best without a doubt but I have to say he gives me kittens every time I see him play at the back.

I agree with the Coyle situation. He should have made his mark at Leeds United by now. Since he has not done that as yet he might well be heading out of the door.
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I wasn't convinced by Coyle when he was here but would like to see him given the chance if that's what the coaches decide. If we'd used a policy of getting rid of players for not making their mark yet before loaning them out then we'd have never seen Beckford or Charlie Taylor's great progress for Leeds. That would have been a great shame.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Another Northern Soul wrote:I wasn't convinced by Coyle when he was here but would like to see him given the chance if that's what the coaches decide. If we'd used a policy of getting rid of players for not making their mark yet before loaning them out then we'd have never seen Beckford or Charlie Taylor's great progress for Leeds. That would have been a great shame.
I think my point is that Coyle has been sent out on loan but has not managed to convince any one when he's come back. MB seems not to have seen enough to be convinced.

Beckford is an interesting one. He did well out on loan but when he came back it looked as if he was heading for the exit. I can't remember the exact circumstances - perhaps we had a bunch of injuries - but he was put in the first team and hit the deck running and never really stopped until he headed out on a downward slope at Everton (!). In the words of Greavsie "it's a funny old game!"
Keep The Faith / WAL
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Paudie O'Connor scores for Blackpool against Arsenal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/footba ... type=share
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

[quote="Sniffer"]Paudie O'Connor scores for Blackpool against Arsenal.

And then gets sent off. :shifty:
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

I might be mistaken but remember somehow Coyle loan should be only for half a season? So he should be back in January, they prob want to extend it but lets hope we wont. We need to make some serious buys, and not late in jan, but already identify targets and work on them.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Personally I don't think we need to bring many players in (I know and can understand others may think differently).

I think we've got a good team and need a little bit of luck with injuries so can field our strongest 11 more often. I'll add the back up players aren't that bad and will do a job (not sure how many of our opponents would have managed with 4 or 5 key players out).

I also believe we have a great team spirit and its always a chance that a large number of new signings would effect that.

We have some cracking young players coming through (Clark, Pearce, Shackleton, etc), new signings would likely limit their opportunities.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Selby White wrote:Personally I don't think we need to bring many players in (I know and can understand others may think differently).

I think we've got a good team and need a little bit of luck with injuries so can field our strongest 11 more often. I'll add the back up players aren't that bad and will do a job (not sure how many of our opponents would have managed with 4 or 5 key players out).

I also believe we have a great team spirit and its always a chance that a large number of new signings would effect that.

We have some cracking young players coming through (Clark, Pearce, Shackleton, etc), new signings would likely limit their opportunities.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I wouldn't want more than 1, maybe 2, more additions in January. I think there is already quality in the side and in the youth team.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."