2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by blackbox2342 »

Sheffield United have made a record £5m offer for 28-year-old English striker Martyn Waghorn
I'm waiting to hear that Leeds are in for him now. We seem to be following other clubs!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

blackbox2342 wrote:
Sheffield United have made a record £5m offer for 28-year-old English striker Martyn Waghorn
I'm waiting to hear that Leeds are in for him now. We seem to be following other clubs!
And have done for the last 50 years if you believe everything you read in the media.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Liam Kitching signs a new 3 year deal and goes on loan to Harrogate:-

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... w-contract
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

I’m now so disillusioned, I’m convinced we won’t sign any quality players at all! Why won’t they pay for Maddison? At least he knows how to get the ball into the net (unlike Ekuban, Grot etc). Looks like we won’t pay for anyone. How many loan players are we allowed? I can only see us going down that route. Fed up of feeling fed up!!!! :thumbdown: :cry:
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

I can see Bielsa walking........I really can.

Players would rather sign for/stay at Derby County than come to us!

Villa have now found their golden meal ticket.......3 months after the financial mess became public.

We are still waiting for real investment 16 years after hitting our financial meltdown.

All our new owner seems interested in is agreeing more TV deals for his business and we seem to be very much in 2nd place when it comes to getting out the cheque book.

I suppose we are bragging about the amount of season tickets sold still.

What is it about us that seems to attract these people?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Liam Kitching signs a new 3 year deal.
Winner of the Europa League
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

What is it about us that seems to attract these people?
That's the $64m dollar question isn't it, pal? I've always wondered and questioned why so many clubs get rich owners yet nothing comes our way, strange really. We have a big fan base and we are a 1 city team, the potential is huge. I often think it's because of our meltdown financially when we gambled for the CL, every time you hear about a team going in to administration we are mentioned because we were the first high profile club to do so. Perhaps people think we're a club that just resembles bad luck? So frustrating, I feel for the fans.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Have to agree with rss & Judy. Just a little bit of ambition from the owners would be nice. There's still time, well 2 weeks now!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

With Derby it's all about one thing : Frank Lampard.

The only way we could do anything similar would be to lure Rio off the BBC sofa or, failing that, James Milner to come to us as player/manager in a year or two ..
Deleted User 2988

Post by Deleted User 2988 »

rigger wrote:With Derby it's all about one thing : Frank Lampard.

The only way we could do anything similar would be to lure Rio off the BBC sofa or, failing that, James Milner to come to us as player/manager in a year or two ..
This is what I find amusing. Everyone told me/us that Leeds would become irresistibly attractive with Bielsa at the helm. “Players will want to play for him! They know he’s a great coach and they know he’ll improve them! They’ll jump at the chance to work for him!”

Well, it appears they won’t.

Players will continue to put money and their career ahead of all else. Why would they do anything else?