2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by MOT1964 »

SiMamu wrote:
Pete O'Rourke‏ @SportsPeteO · 54m54 minutes ago
Leeds have now matched Derby in agreeing a fee with Brentford for Florian Jozefzoon. Player is now talking to both clubs and is now his personal choice. #lufc #dcfc #BrentfordFC
Albeit not the most reliable of sources.

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Leeds United making progress with Florian Jozefzoon. Ready to meet Brentford’s valuation after more talks last night. Derby also in for him. West Brom keen too. #lufc
7:33 am · 19 Jul 2018
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Alex Machuca has joined Spanish club Burgos CF on a season long loan.
Winner of the Europa League
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

I'd fancy us against Derby and West Brom, both sides need to offload apparently. Plus, Derby have signed Wilson etc so more competition for the lad.
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Liverpool also trying to offload Danny Ings. Would be a great option either on loan or to buy.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Josefzoon reported to be going to Derby. I'm a little concerned now by our transfer business. Kinnear said the World Cup was holding things up, but are we actually going to get what we need? Commit to promotion in the short term, or in the longer term by developing youth.
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

There are too many ITKs on twitter and the only poster I take any notice of is Phil Hay, but I don't think even he knows what is going on, having to quote The Sun :shock:
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Sun reporting that Jozefzoon is to undergo a medical at Derby: twitter.com/tombarclay_/st…
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

I don't know much about Jozefzoon, so not too upset if we miss out on him.
But I am very concerned, that if we were going after him, we got beaten to him by a club that is in serious financial problems- doesn't say much for us does it??
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

PC71 wrote:I don't know much about Jozefzoon, so not too upset if we miss out on him.
But I am very concerned, that if we were going after him, we got beaten to him by a club that is in serious financial problems- doesn't say much for us does it??
Derby County have been busy in the transfer market and have been splashing the cash right enough but I have not seen anything to suggest they are in any sort of financial bother. They are debt free by the seem of things although the owner has apparently been muttering about not investing any additional signings. Still they go merrily on regardless.

Aston Villa did the same sort of trick last two seasons, failed to get promotion and they definitely are in the cart financially.

I do get the feeling that players are turning their nose up at coming to play for Leeds which is worrying.
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Unfortunately the majority of players, significantly their agents too, chase the £ rather than their football ambitions. I'm not defending LU's transfer policy as I don't know enough about it, well anything TBH :P , but we can't be held to ransom and if a player isn't desperate to play for us then much of me thinks I don't want them here anyway.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
PC71 wrote:I don't know much about Jozefzoon, so not too upset if we miss out on him.
Derby County have been busy in the transfer market and have been splashing the cash right enough but I have not seen anything to suggest they are in any sort of financial bother. They are debt free by the seem of things although the owner has apparently been muttering about not investing any additional signings. Still they go merrily on regardless.

Aston Villa did the same sort of trick last two seasons, failed to get promotion and they definitely are in the cart financially.

I do get the feeling that players are turning their nose up at coming to play for Leeds which is worrying.
Both Villa and Derby have FFP problems, hence why Mr Morris at Derby has said he isnt putting any money in and they need to sell before buying.

Derby have signed loan players they havent bought anyone so am surprised they have £3m to buy Jozefoon.