2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Leonickroberts »

PC71 wrote:Wow, in the last 2 days Leeds have been linked to January moves for Fernando Llorente and Tom Heaton, if these are true and we get them, that is a huge sign of intent for the second half of the season.
I know - the BBC gossip column has been a great read the last couple of days eh? I'd be chuffed with either of these two given their undoubted quality. I could see Heaton making the move, but hard to imagine Llorente being interested/affordable.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Leonickroberts wrote:
PC71 wrote:Wow, in the last 2 days Leeds have been linked to January moves for Fernando Llorente and Tom Heaton, if these are true and we get them, that is a huge sign of intent for the second half of the season.
I know - the BBC gossip column has been a great read the last couple of days eh? I'd be chuffed with either of these two given their undoubted quality. I could see Heaton making the move, but hard to imagine Llorente being interested/affordable.
Yes indeed - the rumour is starting to swing into gear and with the dull fortnight of international football (which is only of passing interest to me) there has been an acceleration of the tidbits of "news". Personally, I take it all with a huge pinch of salt.

In any case, I am doubtful that there will be much business taking place for us in this transfer window even though our squad is so thin that we are unable to even paper over the cracks - the goalkeeping situation brings the whole situation into sharp focus.

Much as I would love it to happen, I am not harbouring any great thoughts around making it to the Promised Land.

Nevertheless bring on Brissle City!
Keep The Faith / WAL
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ston-Villa

Linked with Rangers' Wes Foderingham. Feel like this one makes more sense than Heaton, as I don't think that Heaton would be suited to our style - whereas Foderingham is much better with the ball at his feet. Albeit my preference would probably still remain Keiren Westwood.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
GregDis
Giddy Kipper

Post by GregDis »

Leonickroberts wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 11:09
PC71 wrote:Wow, in the last 2 days Leeds have been approving weight loss shakes for players and linked to January moves for Fernando Llorente and Tom Heaton, if these are true and we get them, that is a huge sign of intent for the second half of the season.
Bielsa is known to have a very short temper when someone tries to sign players that he didn't approve. I guess we're not signing any goalkeepers.
Last edited by GregDis on 10 Oct 2023, 12:11, edited 2 times in total.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Man City are sniffing around Jack Clarke apparently (take with a pinch of salt given the tabloid source, but interesting endorsement of his talent if true).
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

These injuries just keep on coming....

Liam Cooper out for 6 weeks after knee surgery.

Stuart Dallas out for 4-6 weeks with a fractured foot.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Barlow Boy wrote:These injuries just keep on coming....

Liam Cooper out for 6 weeks after knee surgery.

Stuart Dallas out for 4-6 weeks with a fractured foot.
Blimey.
So that will see a back four of Shackleton - Halme - Jansson - Douglas for the next game, right ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Bloody hell. Given the number of injuries & lack of penalties it's a good thing I'm not into conspiracy theories :roll:
Winner of the Europa League