2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SG90 »

Oh ffs. I swear if he sells Clarke then there's no way back for him.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/excl ... ds-player/

He forced Vieira out and tried to force Jansson out. Zero excuses for trying to sell him.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

SG90 wrote:Oh ffs. I swear if he sells Clarke then there's no way back for him.

He forced Vieira out and tried to force Jansson out. Zero excuses for trying to sell him.
Bit in bold is bloody nonsense. Leeds also rejected approaches for Jack Clarke last year but don't let that get in the way of that ultra-reliable Football Insider.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

There's going to be interest in him. It's up to the club to keep him.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:

Bit in bold is bloody nonsense. Leeds also rejected approaches for Jack Clarke last year but don't let that get in the way of that ultra-reliable Football Insider.
So Jansson was lying then? I know who I believe out of the two. It was an open secret that the club were trying to sell Jansson and Vieira to raise funds and Radz admitted we need to sell to buy.

Just once can we tell clubs to get lost and keep hold of our young talent. We've already lost Saiz, we can't afford to sell another key player.

It's not just football insider either, seen numerous accounts linking the top 6 with moves for Jack.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

ChilwellWhite wrote:

There's going to be interest in him. It's up to the club to keep him.
Money talks. Always has done. Ask yourself why it should be different now.

The fact that we are on top of the Championship is neither here nor there so far as those that decide are concerned IMHO.
There is no guarantee that any income will be reinvested in players coming in accepting that some of it might be to appease the fans.

Best we can do is cross fingers and hope.
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

SG90 wrote:

So Jansson was lying then? I know who I believe out of the two. It was an open secret that the club were trying to sell Jansson and Vieira to raise funds and Radz admitted we need to sell to buy.

Just once can we tell clubs to get lost and keep hold of our young talent. We've already lost Saiz, we can't afford to sell another key player.

It's not just football insider either, seen numerous accounts linking the top 6 with moves for Jack.
Please show where Jansson says the club were trying to force him out and I'll shut up. Would you believe everything his AGENT said, incidentally?
Austin91
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Austin91 »

SG90 wrote:It's not just football insider either, seen numerous accounts linking the top 6 with moves for Jack.
There's not much we can do when a prem club comes in for one of our players, let alone a Top 6 Premier league club, and to be honest, nowadays, even if we did dig our heels in eventually Clarke would still go if he wanted too. Players have all the power nowadays (Saiz as a most recent example).

If it was another Championship club maybe, but I don't think us selling to a Top 6 club would be an indictment on Radz and his intentions for the club.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

SG90 wrote:

Please show where Jansson says the club were trying to force him out and I'll shut up. Would you believe everything his AGENT said, incidentally?
It was in Swedish so I can't find it. But I believe Jansson 100% and I don't trust Radz.

There's zero need to sell Clarke whatsoever. We won't reinvest the money anyway and Jack hasn't asked to leave, nor would he want to waste away playing u23s.

It's up to Mr PR to decide and history suggests Clarke will be sold.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

SG90 wrote:
SG90 wrote:

It was in Swedish so I can't find it. But I believe Jansson 100% and I don't trust Radz.

There's zero need to sell Clarke whatsoever. We won't reinvest the money anyway and Jack hasn't asked to leave, nor would he want to waste away playing u23s.

It's up to Mr PR to decide and history suggests Clarke will be sold.
It must have been translated into English though?
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

I don't hold much store by what that website says, alot of it is clickbait.

But out of interest does anyone know how long Clarke has on his contract, that should be the key in deciding whether to dig our heels in or to let a player go if an offer is received (doubtful at the moment for Clarke but given his talents it is more and more likely the longer we are in this division)