Is the Crucifix a Symbol of Evil?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Is the Crucifix a Symbol of Evil?

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 31 May 2018, 19:07

Why do Religious institutions keep on attracting abusers. And then refuse to do anything about it? I can only surmise that they believe themselves to be greater than the God they pray to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10407559

God help the children in 3rd World countries where the law and order wasn't so strong.
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
Viduka Hits The Mark
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Is the Crucifix a Symbol of Evil?

Postby Sniffer » 31 May 2018, 21:05

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Why do Religious institutions keep on attracting abusers. And then refuse to do anything about it? I can only surmise that they believe themselves to be greater than the God they pray to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10407559

God help the children in 3rd World countries where the law and order wasn't so strong.

Religion is a form of control. It is abusive by nature. It is political. Personal spirituality is individual. Any belief in a man in the sky is wrong in my book but each to their own.
Sniffer
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 01 Jun 2018, 14:53

I'm not sure who its controlling these days tho Sniff. Its certainly a dying art form, technology will take care of the rest. It does fascinate me how a ancient story has kept so many people hooked for so long without any scientific proof.
For me its such a narrow minded view of existence to adhere to Heaven and Hell, its just an extension of yes & no, good vrs bad, right from wrong, black and white. I'd much rather leave a blank canvas where the possibilities are endless.
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
Viduka Hits The Mark

Postby rigger » 01 Jun 2018, 14:58

It's a crutch for people who need one.
End of.

The bleeding of some of those people for money and faith down the centuries is the biggest con of all time, but there you are. It is what it is.

.. in my opinion, a load of old tosh.
I find people who are believers have a kind of glazed look in their eyes, almost like they've been brainwashed.

I will never understand that.
Never.
If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 01 Jun 2018, 15:30

I know what you mean regards the glazed eyes. I was out with the dog early morning afew months back when out of nowhere a jehovah's witness came offering his services. Immediately i said instinctively, i look to the politicians for influence, something tangible. Anyway he just looked back at me, smiled "as if i was another lost soul" and walked off.

Serotonin can be a wonderful thing. When i was young, i remember how i felt when i believed that Santa Claus was bringing me everything on my list. :angel:
Viduka Hits The Mark

Postby rigger » 01 Jun 2018, 15:35

I wonder if there's a girl out there somewhere called Sarah Tonin ??
If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin

Return to General